What Was the #1 Song on Your Birthday?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
108 replies · 20K views
Borek said:
As someone selling software on the web I am obliged by Polish law to publish my address and tax identity number on my site. To allow people pay for my programs I have to give them my bussiness bank account number.

I was born on 29.12.1962.

Do you really think I just got more vulnerable? :smile:

Um, you're wearing a green wig on your head.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
Yes, and anyone who studies this sort of thing would say so.

I think you have missed the part about being obliged by law to share really important information.

I am not necesarilly happy because of that, but I have no choice. I have to share a lot, giving away my birthday doesn't change my situation much.

Luckily in most places here you will not be able to do anything not having my ID, or at least ID number. Now that's a piece of plastic and number that I won't share.
 
You were obliged to give your birthday?

I have often been amazed at how little information is required for me to get a loan or credit card. I can make a phone call, provide a few pieces of information like BD and SS#, and get practically any amount of money required.
 
Let's put aside some of the silliness. Your medical records (and they may reside in multiple places) contain your name, your birth-date, and usually your SS#, along with a Kindergarten-level security feature like "what was your mother's maiden name?" If you have other public records related to the SSA, unemployment insurance, etc, this stuff is out there in spades. Does anybody here believe that ID theft is such a huge problem with these poorly-guarded secrets?

jimmysnyder nailed it. The Nigerian princess was so fat from eating her her stolen birthday cakes that she could not run away from the cops.
 
Given my situation, I'd gladly trade identities with anyone who wants mine. (As long as my PF account gets transferred to the new one. :wink:)
 
rootX said:
Do you know that your computer can also be hacked and all your computer activities can be traced by hacker? Then do you:
1) do online shopping
2) share personal information with known friends
3) use email for official or personal purposes
4) do online banking
5) fill government online forms
?

I do not perform any of the above functions from a PC or PDA and I have virtually no need for e-mail.
 
Gnosis said:
I have virtually no need for e-mail.

No friends, huh? :-p
 
Danger said:
No friends, huh? :-p
I can't respond to your humor because it would put me at risk for full-on cyber-assault. I cautiously agree, however, though I am resigned to standing over here poking your post with a 10-foot pole. (poke, poke)
 
turbo-1 said:
I am resigned to standing over here poking your post with a 10-foot pole. (poke, poke)

You exaggerate, sir. That is not a 10-foot pole. I admit, however, that it's still pretty impressive for a man of your advanced years.
 
Danger said:
You exaggerate, sir. That is not a 10-foot pole. I admit, however, that it's still pretty impressive for a man of your advanced years.
You didn't know I was Polish, did you? :biggrin:
 
turbo-1 said:
You didn't know I was Polish, did you? :biggrin:

You can't be, you don't know how to make pickled cucumbers and you don't pick mushrooms.
 
I think someone needs a tin-foil hat. Aside from the fact that plenty of people know my birthday...makes it hard for them to know which day to have the cake and how many candles to put on it if they don't...posting a #1 song isn't going to pinpoint a specific date. At most, you might narrow things down to a week if a song only stayed #1 for a week...that's about as frequently as anything gets updated. Considering I checked out several other people's birthdays at the same time, and some other dates of interest to me, as well as a year before and after my actual birthdate, I don't think anything I clicked around on that site could have pinpointed anything more than that I was clicking around various dates.
 
I'm not scared by your maniacal claims...
















"Maniac" by Michael Sembello :-p
 
jimmysnyder said:
"'The Third Man' Theme" by Anton Karas.

Whoa! Jimmy are you really within a month of being the same age I am?
 
Last edited:
Integral said:
Whoa! Jimmy are you really within a month of being the same age I am?
I don't know.
 
"All Night Long (All Night)", by Lionel Richie.
 


Mudbug said:
Some people believe our lives are profoundly influenced by whatever pop song was #1 on the day we were born.

Probably no one around this corner of the innerweb believes that :biggrin:.