1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's best book to teach myself calculus?

1. May 9, 2012 #1
    As the title states. I'm looking for a book I can use to teach myself calculus as I think I have the required math to start. What books would you guys recommend?

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2012 #2

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

4. May 9, 2012 #3
    Well the most popular calculus book is Stewart. A lot of people around here don't like it, for one reason or another, but it's a solid book; just pricey so consider an older edition. To supplement I recommend getting Schaum's Outline of Calculus and Schaum's 3000 Solved Problems in Calculus. With all of that you should have most of the resources you need to help you on your way :)

edit: The Schaum's outlines are very cheap so I consider them steals as they are usually very well put together and presented.

5. May 9, 2012 #4

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I referred you elsewhere because I could not hope to reproduce all the answers that have already been given, but if they did not help you, feel free to ask us again a specific question.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook