What's kind of damage could this weapon do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter newjerseyrunner
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Damage
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
newjerseyrunner
Messages
1,532
Reaction score
637
I want to represent a species advanced enough that they can create small black holes at will. If I understand correctly, a micro black hole will evaporate quickly and at a very predictable rate. So a weapon can determine the range to an enemy ship and create a black hole to evaporate in exactly the time it'll take it to be fired that distance. I know it's very hot and sending off gamma rays, when it does finally evaporate, it does so with a burst, right? How powerful of a blast would it produce? Could it damage a ship?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org