What's Next After High School? Navigating Post-Secondary Education and Beyond

• Thread starter motai
  • Start date
In summary: Good luck with your future endeavors!The B flat clarinet. I still have yet to try the other instruments in the clarinet family but it shouldn't be too difficult. I want to try the oboe sometime, haven't gotten around to it though.
motai
I'm finally out of high school! I've been waiting for this for a long time because I realized that this year I have maxed out the school's curriculum and have come to the realization that there is nothing else for me to learn at this dreadful government institution that seems to be well known for bureaucratic inefficiency (graduation practice for a solid week, lots of wasted time all over the place I won't even begin with it) in practically every single manner :-p.

This entire HS experience was extremely annoying, classes being dumbed down, not being able to push myself further because of lack of resources (or teachers in my case, since I technically had no physics teacher the entire year), bureaucratic runaround (it took particularly long to get any form signed and turned back in), and dealing with those hyperactive "I-dont-want-to-learn-anything-anymore" students who seem to always be the first ones to scream things out during any ceremony for their own pleasure and who really are only holding everyone else up.

At least it is over. Since I have already taken a few college level classes already (which were extremely fun no doubt, or at least fun in my sense of the word, of which I have an extremely strange definition of fun), I don't find myself particularly worried so long as I maintain the pacing that I usually do when approaching a particular course and keeping my interests and maintain a passion, etc.

Hmm... *isnt exactly sure what to say next*...

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations! :smile: :approve: :devil: :eek: :!) :cool: :approve: :smile: :biggrin: o:) o:)

Sorry, these icons should be correcter :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :cool: :cool:

Congratulations Motai.

Best wishes and good luck in your college program. :cool:

So which college are you going into?

It's wonderful that you did everything you could your senior year, it must be a wonderful feeling.

Hey, I'm graduating soon too. Sweet.

Hey, Motai!
Congrats, man! I never made it that far myself, and I seriously respect anyone who does. Being in this site at your age pretty much means that you have a seriously unfair advantage against your future classmates. Not that many people have professors and industry leaders as free tutors. I know that we haven't interacted much (or at all?) in the threads, but I've always read your stuff with admiration.
All the best in your future endeavours.

moose said:
So which college are you going into?

It's wonderful that you did everything you could your senior year, it must be a wonderful feeling.

So far if all goes well, I plan on attending the University of Florida this coming fall. As for the wonderful feeling, it isn't emerging until just recently, because I am not shackled to the constrained nature of high school life (I mean sure I have more freedoms but I certainly am not going to abuse them).

Thanks everyone for your support :cool:.

motai said:
So far if all goes well, I plan on attending the University of Florida this coming fall. As for the wonderful feeling, it isn't emerging until just recently, because I am not shackled to the constrained nature of high school life (I mean sure I have more freedoms but I certainly am not going to abuse them).

Thanks everyone for your support :cool:.
Congratulations Motai! :approve:

motai said:
So far if all goes well, I plan on attending the University of Florida this coming fall.
I'm really happy for you, Motai! Have you decided what you will major in?

Math Is Hard said:
I'm really happy for you, Motai! Have you decided what you will major in?

I'm going to be cliche and major in physics :rolleyes:. I'm also thinking about minoring in mathematics just for the heck of it (might as well).

motai said:
I'm going to be cliche and major in physics :rolleyes:. I'm also thinking about minoring in mathematics just for the heck of it (might as well).
I think that's great - I know you'll do very well. I really wasn't sure what you'd go for because you always seemed to me to be very knowledgeable and talented in so many areas. (Hope you will keep up with your music, BTW.) :smile:

what instrument do you play?

yay motai! I'm graduating too... though I've been in college for a while already,... heh.. but ya, high school graduations coming up! i hope its fun... yuup...

WTG motai and Gale! The worlds at your door. {I wouldn't open it for a few years}

Physics is Phun said:
what instrument do you play?

The B flat clarinet. I still have yet to try the other instruments in the clarinet family but it shouldn't be too difficult. I want to try the oboe sometime, haven't gotten around to it though. My familiarity is concert and jazz music, so I can't play too much funky stuff.

I'm not sure if I will be able to maintain level of practice in college though, might get a little rusty.

Related to What's Next After High School? Navigating Post-Secondary Education and Beyond

1. What does "Nothing else for me to learn" mean?

"Nothing else for me to learn" means that the individual believes they have reached a point where they have acquired all the knowledge and skills that they need in a particular subject or field.

2. Is it possible to truly know everything and have nothing else to learn?

No, it is not possible to know everything and have nothing else to learn. There is always more information and discoveries being made in every field, making it impossible to fully grasp every aspect of a subject.

3. How does the idea of "Nothing else for me to learn" relate to the concept of lifelong learning?

The idea of "Nothing else for me to learn" contradicts the concept of lifelong learning, which emphasizes the importance of continuously seeking knowledge and personal growth throughout one's life.

4. Can reaching a point of "Nothing else for me to learn" be detrimental to personal and professional development?

Yes, reaching a point of "Nothing else for me to learn" can be detrimental to personal and professional development. It can lead to complacency and a lack of motivation to continue learning and improving oneself.

5. How can we maintain a growth mindset and avoid the belief of "Nothing else for me to learn"?

To maintain a growth mindset and avoid the belief of "Nothing else for me to learn," it is important to stay curious and open-minded, and to continuously seek out new information and experiences. Surrounding oneself with people who challenge and inspire growth can also help prevent the feeling of having nothing else to learn.