Try These Delicious Alcoholic Drink Recipes

• Thread starter ShawnD
  • Start date
In summary: Johnnie Walker Black Label if I'm feeling extra fancy. I also like to mix things up and have a few types of shots: vodka, cognac, tequila, rum, and sometimes a sherry or brandy.In summary, Cookie, your drink is tequila and lemon juice with Coke. You say that when sober, you can't tell a story worth crap because you see the story as a whole. When drunk, the story can easily be told because you see it in the order that it happened. You wrote all of your grade 12 final exams drunk.
WOW change in perception? marijuana is classified as a 'halucinagenic' substance, yet on Alcohol, I have experianced blackouts, (Well I was at the bar...then I woke up the next morning...) a Fuzziness of intellect unparrelled by anything else I have ever tried, for inability to continue to interact Socially, Alcohol! is the Very Clear Winner (over Marijuana) for impediment of intellectual function, Pink Elephants too I hear...gotta go back and finish reading the rest of this thread...OYE!...:cool:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Cookiemonster, you should be applauded for not wanting to drink. A very wise decision. :smile:
I completely agree with Evo (what a surprise! :biggrin: )

SIS! How are ya? I miss yer face! :wink: :biggrin:

:frown:
Tsunami said:
I completely agree with Evo (what a surprise! :biggrin: )

SIS! How are ya? I miss yer face! :wink: :biggrin:
I know, I've been missing you! :frown:

jimmy p said:
:) ...i have heard stories about people getting drunk on night train, and i just want to feel the hangover the morning after...
:confused:
I don't understand. What's night train? I've never heard of this or the reputed hangover. What's so special about the hangover? (You're right, Monique. We need the 'blah' smilie back!)

I don't know what night train is either. And these new smilies just don't cut it! :mad:

ShawnD said:
cookie, you should try it at least once... the change of perception will blow your mind. Instead of being bombarded by random thoughts, thoughts can be focused to think about 1 thing only. The ability to focus will do wonders.

When sober, I always have to ask people to repeat themselves because I just can't hear them. After a few drinks, I can hear what 1 specific person is saying when 10 people are all talking at once.
When sober, I can't tell a story worth crap because I look at the story as a whole. When drunk, the story can easily be told because I see it in the order that it happened.
When sober, numbers tend to cross over. I'll read the number 45 and write it down as 54 (a lot of people do this). When drunk, that never happens.

I wrote all of my grade 12 final exams drunk. I ended up getting an award for the highest chemistry mark at the school - 96%.
Focus is amazing.

I think you are either joking or that you have something wrong with you like attention deficit disorder. I am 49 and this is the first time in my life I have ever heard anyone assert that alcohol increased their focus. Everyone else says the opposite: that it makes their mind fuzzier and their thoughts less coherent. People drink because of the pleasant "high" physical sensation, the relaxation, and the social disinhibition it creates. No one drinks because it makes them think more clearly. If it actually does make you think more clearly then you must have an undiagnosed problem going on that is preventing you from focusing when you want to under normal circumstances. I don't think you should be reccomending alcohol to anyone for an increase in focus, because it just plain isn't going to have this effect on other people.

Tsunami said:
:confused:
I don't understand. What's night train? I've never heard of this or the reputed hangover. What's so special about the hangover? (You're right, Monique. We need the 'blah' smilie back!)

OK, night train is a very cheap wine (i suppose usually low-lifes and tramps drink it), but it is made in America and i don't think is sold elsewhere...

"Night Train is all business when it pulls into the station. All aboard to nowhere - woo wooo! The night train runs only one route: sober to stupid with no roundtrip tickets available, and a strong likelihood of a train wreck along the way. This trainyard favorite is vinted and bottled by E&J Gallo Winery, in in Modesto, CA. Don't bother looking on their web page, because they dare not mention it there. As a clever disguise, the label says that it is made by "Night Train Limited." Some suspect that Night Train is really just Thunderbird with some Kool-Aid-like substance added to try to mask the Clorox flavor. Some of our researchers indicated that it gave them a NyQuil-like drowsiness, and perhaps this is why the put "night" in the name. Guaranteed to tickle your innards."

That is just a brief explanation...

Ooh yeah, and the hangover... well it's supposedly the rapidity that you get wasted, even if its only 17.5% you are supposed to be able to drink a quarter of the bottle (one glass) and black out, so if you drank an ENTIRE bottle... well, expect messsy results. I only want to try it once...

Other than drinking beer, I rotate between three drinks:

1) Long Island Iced Tea
2) Cranberry & Vodka
3) Jack & Coke

I usually go on craves where I will drink one for a period of time then switch to another when I'm tired of it; however, I'm always drinking beer (it never gets tiresome :smile:).

Walked into a bar one night, "Happy Hour" 1/2 price drinks, had six double Martini's in half an hour, got arrested at about one, the next AM...Please, One drink of Alcohol is Beneficial, in the majority of the planets peoples, towards their physical health, two works as well, but the line up, as 'stimulant', is turning down, towards center, and is going to cross down into 'depressant' within the next two drinks (='s 4 drink +), by the time you reach six drink you are now toxifieing your body, with alcohol, and the damages are cumulative inasmuch as liver, brain, circulatory system, digestive, cardiac, etc.

Please, focus? well, in reality one might just actually give you a sensation of improvement ,in the relaxing of inhibitions, soo...more? somewhat, in some people, as they develop tolerances greater then the average person, but they are the exception to the rule of 'usual' or 'normal' (The middle fuzzy region, in the numbers) for most of us focus is being lost, and quicker then is realized...as drunk drivers have been sadly proving for more time then I care to tell...sooo, Choosing not to drink, or waiting till you have finished puberty, (23 - 25 age range) is much healthier then just about anything else you could/can do, it has effects upon development, during puberty, but learning to drink responsibly is probably the best Protectant/promoter of Life/living, a substance in Red wine called "resveratrol" (Sp?) is a 'known' (respected? Well thought of?) promoter of longevity, in living things, like primates...or, humans, too...(hee hee)...

To living life!

cookiemonster said:
Heh, no worries about me. I'm not about to get suckered into an expensive habit anytime in my life. It helps that I don't have any money and I'm too lazy to go to parties.

Somebody might be able to convince me to have a little bit for my 21st birthday, but that's not very likely either.

Honestly, I've never met anybody that was more interesting drunk than sober. I don't see how it'd be the opposite for me.

cookiemonster

absolutely nothing wrong with having no interest in drinking...i usually drink at home and rarely drink when i am out...drunk driving is not an option. just remember cookie, so do enjoy it responsibly, not all people who drink do it to get drunk or are habitual drinkers :smile:

jimmy p said:
drunk people are only interesting when you are drunk as well. I have been to so many parties and nights at the pub where i was DES (designated driver) and been bored out of my mind and not at all amused by their foolish antics.
DES? I think you mean BOB :rolleyes: (it's an acronym that stands for conciously sober driver)
So you can ask whether Bob is going to come along or not.. I think it is smart :)

BOB? nah, DES! cos then you can say "dessie"...

Sweet, I didn't realize that the BOB campaign existed in the Netherlands as well :biggrin:

Mind you, everybody called Bob over here has one of those keychains now... even if they ARE drinking :tongue:

Can you imagine my surprise when I came back here and everyone was talking about Bob and I had no idea WHO that was and WHY everyone wanted to be like him? :rolleyes:

I am a fan of Bailey's on ice, plain, simple, and tasty.

ShawnD if you like tequila you might want to try equal parts tequila and kahlua. It is usauly combined for a shot, but over ice it is good if you are looking to get drunk.

Also if you are looking for ideas, at www.idrink.com[/URL] you can put in the ingredients you have around and get a list of drink recipes.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure they make Night Train, anymore. I have not seen that on the shelves in years.
I wonder how much trouble I would get into for sending booze to a minor (by U.S. law) in another country. Would I get arrested for contributing to the delinquincy of a chopnik?

Drink: Vodka Tonic, 2 limes. yummy yummy

Beer: Killians Irish Red, Yuengling, Heineken, Corona

not much else...

Math Is Hard said:
I am not sure they make Night Train, anymore. I have not seen that on the shelves in years.
I wonder how much trouble I would get into for sending booze to a minor (by U.S. law) in another country. Would I get arrested for contributing to the delinquincy of a chopnik?

Aww crap... why not look in the really BAD off-licences seeing as they say "available in all GOOD stores". Anyway, I am not a minor in my country so it shouldn't matter, but anyway, my brother is 21 so it could be sent to him... and seeing as i live with my parents, who are (obviously) over 21...

I agree with cookiemonster...Drinking just isn't my thing. I've been the DES for three years now, and in that time, I have learned many interesting things about my drinking friends... *snicker*
Um, as far as drinking goes, the only alcohol I've had is shots of straight whiskey. Supposed to cure a sore throat. It works, kills all the germs...but man, I think I'd rather deal with the sore throat than the whiskey...
Eh...I might let someone take me out for my 21st birthday, but I still haven't decided.
As far as favorite drink? Iced, blended Amaretto 3-shot latte! :)

First time I quit drinking, I persisted at returning to the bar, watching what went on with all of my "Friends" who kept on drinking, Yikes, it is impossible to miss what is really going on, rather then what 'appears' to have been going on, "Are we having Fun yet?"..."Uhmmm, no! not really, your about to fall down and..." OYE! YIKES drunks are (fill in the blank)

Macgyver said:
ShawnD if you like tequila you might want to try equal parts tequila and kahlua. It is usauly combined for a shot, but over ice it is good if you are looking to get drunk.
Sounds disgusting...

zooby, it's very possible that I do have a mental problem. I've always been a bit weird and even my closest friends think I'm autistic.

Everclear and fruit punch made from fresh fruit.

I drink Soda :tongue: