Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Whats your thrill? horse power or man power?

1. Oct 11, 2005 #1
    what type of thing gets your adrenaline pumping more? snowmobiles, jet skis, and dirt bikes or skiing, wake boarding and mountain biking?

i just started mountain biking this season and close to the end of the season i tried to get my brother out to join me. he wasn't too impressed and said he would rather go dirt biking, "more the the 'f--k yeah' and less with the 'oh f--k im tired" is how he worded it.

i like mountain biking because of the speed, the amount of focus and concentration it takes and the pushing my physical limits.

what's your preference and why?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2005 #2
    Horsies all the way for me. I do play alot of football (soccer) and do alot of running though, so its not cos im lazy.

4. Oct 12, 2005 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Aeroplanes, for sure. Hot cars second. Meaningless recreational sex fits in there somewhere as well.

5. Oct 12, 2005 #4
    Seconded...

6. Oct 12, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, I was going to vote for man power...I'm pretty sure it's the same as that. But, while recreational works for me, the meaningless part doesn't work as well. :rolleyes:

7. Oct 12, 2005 #6
    Recreational sex + Big O

Is that enough meaningfulness.:confused:

8. Oct 12, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, that'll do it. :biggrin:

9. Oct 12, 2005 #8

honestrosewater

Gold Member

What a sad, sad day. I was able to resist making any lewd comments in this thread, but look at you guys! What kind of example are you setting?

Okay, I was actually coming here to make a lewd comment, but I resisted all day!! :tongue2: o:)

10. Oct 12, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I resisted about half a day. Those thoughts came to mind the moment I saw the title. Then again, centaurs might be an interesting option. :rolleyes:

11. Oct 12, 2005 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Boy, that's a tough call... I have always been a HP freak, but I think the experience of falling down the face of a twenty-five foot wave [making the face something like 32 feet high] while body surfing was about the greatest single thrill of my life. The power of the wave literally takes your breath away....and the fact that you're praying that you don't die. :biggrin:

12. Oct 13, 2005 #11

honestrosewater

Gold Member

mmmmm.... centaur power... :!!) ...mustn't say more. o:)

13. Oct 13, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Kinda makes me wonder what the 'Hercules' series would have been like if it had been produced in Mexico.

14. Oct 13, 2005 #13

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Whatever you say, daddy-o. :biggrin:

15. Oct 13, 2005 #14

Danger

Gold Member

I like your attitude.:tongue2: :!!)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?