News When the economy collapses

• Thread starter cronxeh
  • Start date
How did that happen? I was scanning New Posts. So that would be 5 years late.

cronxeh

Gold Member
I wonder who will be the one who survives the collapse of the government and law n order once the Government debt reaches its tipping point? With raising national debt to both domestic and foreign entities, the US Government will start printing more money and the inflation will take place. As it happens to be so, I was born in Russia in 1984 and I've seen this happen before. With India and China today, I know where the US is heading - an economic collapse so severe, it will be almost overnight.

What kind of jobs will survive? Farming? Engineering? I'd like to know, thanks.
this boy is crazy.. 3 years ago talking about today :biggrin:

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Government debt hasn't reached its tipping point; the current economic crisis doesn't really have a whole lot to do with government debt in fact

BTW, learn your lessons from previous hyperinflation: The toilet paper industry will be the first to tank, because it will be cheaper to wipe yourself with dollar bills

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Government debt hasn't reached its tipping point; the current economic crisis doesn't really have a whole lot to do with government debt in fact

BTW, learn your lessons from previous hyperinflation: The toilet paper industry will be the first to tank, because it will be cheaper to wipe yourself with dollar bills
..... which can then be used to pay off gambling debts accumulated by falling for sucker bets that you're sore about.

cronxeh

Gold Member

Ha.. I got some Bear Sterns stocks for you instead.

How about this.. as the subprime mortgages were being written and foolish people were locking into those variable rates, Alan Greenspan raises the rates because the country is not in the position to give away free money to grow the housing industry, and the people default on their loans. Alan Greenspan made a bubble (fart) :biggrin: This is why we are here today, and not to mention that superduper debt that we can't pay off in my lifetime.