1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where should I move on?

1. Aug 20, 2009 #1
    hi friends,

I am a particle physicist, and I have done 3 post-docs in three different international institutions. But now still I am looking for a permanent job. Due to the recession and funding cut of particle physics, there are no suitable positions for me and the competence is very strong now. So I really don't know where to go to find a job.

I was nurtured by particle physics, but meanwhile I am a victim of particle physics. I have tried to find jobs in other sectors, but none of them was prevailed. My whole feeling was that I, as a physicist of high energy physics, am not accepted by software programming sectors, nor recognized by engineering fields.

Can someone give me some ideas, please! I have been unemployed for six months!

thx a lot.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2009 #2
    Perhaps you could promote some of your other skill sets if applicable (e.g. instrumentation & controls, signal processing & conditioning, project management, contract & proposal writing, and so on).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook