Where to find sample fluid stirring data?

1. I want to find some force data for fluid stirring. originally I intended to record the data using my force sensor, but it doesn't have the resolution to read stirring force for newtonian fluid.

unless there's a newtonian fluid with high enough viscosity to produce a reaction force greater than 0.5N, my sensor can't read it.

is there a place to download some sample graphs for the force of fluid stirring motion? thx

2. jcsd
  3. Chegg
    I have a couple of ideas:

1. Try some viscous fluids, such as ketchup, honey, or perhaps mix some sugar water to a consistency that's thick enough to register, but still approximately Newtonian over a small range.

2. If those won't increase the force that registers on your instrument, perhaps you need a larger stirring implement (larger surface area). Is it just a cylinder, or is it something else like a mixer (like an egg beater tool)? As you scale up the size of the stirring tool, you'll scale up your force as well.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted