Where to learn coordinate gepmetry?

• Thread starter dilan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coordinate
In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a website to brush up on their knowledge of coordinate geometry, specifically about straight lines. They mention searching on Google but not finding what they need. Another person suggests trying an old calculus and analytic geometry book or a more advanced one, and provides links to potential options.
dilan
I am currently learning about coordinate geometry. But I need to brush it up a little also. I want to know geometry about the straight line. Can anyone give me a website for this. i searched in the google but can't get any results that I need.

Thanks alot.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Try this site possibly:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/asguru/maths/12methods/02geometry/10straight/index.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
A little more advance

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the site, but i want one that is a little more advance. I have done these parts.

Thanks alot:smile:

try an old calculus and analytic geomjetry book,m like an old edition of johnson and kiokemeister:

e.g.
Calculus
Johnson, Richard E and Kiokemeister, Fred L Bookseller: The Gramercy Bookseller
(New York, NY, U.S.A.) Price: US$ 4.89
[Convert Currency] Shipping within U.S.A.:
US$ 3.00
[Rates & Speeds] Add Book to Shopping Basket

Book Description: Allyn and Bacon, Inc., 1959. Book Condition: Very Good. No Jacket. First Edition. First edition, 1st printing. 8 vo, 634 including index. Hard cover, no dust jacket. Corners, spine ends bumped, lightly scraped. Owner's name on flyleaf. Pages unmarked, tight, age discolored at edges. Satisfaction guaranteed. Prompt shipment from NYC. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-572874496

or maybe better:

Elements of Calculus and Analytic Geometry (ISBN: 0201075490)
Jr. George B. Thomas Bookseller: Community Book Solutions
(North Reading, MA, U.S.A.) Price: US$ 1.00
US$ 3.49

Book Description: Addison Wesley, 1976. Hardcover. Book Condition: GOOD. Dust Jacket Condition: GOOD. USED Average Used Item * 100% guaranteed * Ships Within 24 Hours. Bookseller Inventory # 240344

maybe even better(older equals better in math books):
Elements of Calculus and Analytic Geometry (ISBN: 0201223015)
Thomas Bookseller: Hippo Books
(Newnan, GA, U.S.A.) Price: US$ 1.00
US$ 3.75

Book Description: Addison Wesley Publishing Company, 1920. Hardcover. Book Condition: GOOD. Dust Jacket Condition: ACCEPTABLE. USED Ships Within 24 Hours - Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # 1773003

Related to Where to learn coordinate gepmetry?

1. What is coordinate geometry?

Coordinate geometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of geometric shapes using a coordinate system. It allows us to represent the position of points, lines, and shapes on a plane using coordinates, which are typically represented by two numbers (x and y).

2. Where can I learn coordinate geometry?

Coordinate geometry can be learned in various places, such as schools, colleges, and online resources. You can also find textbooks and workbooks specifically designed for learning coordinate geometry.

3. What are the essential concepts in coordinate geometry?

Some essential concepts in coordinate geometry include Cartesian coordinates, slope, distance formula, midpoint formula, and equations of lines and curves.

4. Is it necessary to have a strong background in algebra to learn coordinate geometry?

Having a basic understanding of algebra is helpful in learning coordinate geometry, as it involves solving equations and manipulating variables. However, with proper guidance and practice, one can learn coordinate geometry without a strong background in algebra.

5. Are there any real-world applications of coordinate geometry?

Coordinate geometry has various real-world applications, including in engineering, architecture, physics, and computer graphics. It is used to model and analyze shapes and structures in the physical world, making it a crucial tool in many fields.