1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where to study quantum physics

1. Oct 26, 2006 #1
    :shy: hi to everyone i´m new on this forum but i love quantum physics i´m currently studying at highschool but is my last year and i would like to study quantum physics can anybody help me find a good university that offers quantum physics as a career no mater where it is please help me :shy:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2006 #2
    At the bachelors level for university, the study of quantum mechanics is not done until junior or senior year- typically. Any school with a physics major will introduce you to quantum mechanics for you bachelors degree.

And I am confused about what you mean as having quantum mechanics as a career. Do you mean having a job where you use quantum mechanics? Or do you mean that you want to work on fundamental research in the area of quantum mechanics, which would mean that you need to get a Ph.D. in physics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?