Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which language for aerospace industry

1. Jan 23, 2006 #1
    i want to learn a second language but i need ur advice what you think about the secondary language is better in this industry. i am in trouble with german, french and spanish. german seems closer but i want to ask you, too. thanks for ur care..

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2006 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Gonna throw French into the picture, purely based on Airbus.

4. Jan 23, 2006 #3
    Either German or french if you're in Europe(i'm assuming you are since you're asking). If you speak one of those two, you're probably in good shape, at least thats the impression i get from a few aerospace engineering majors I know that have been looking at jobs with airbus potentially.

5. Jan 24, 2006 #4

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl:
    Spanish? Ok, we are partners (up to 10%) of EADS, but it does not imply spanish is spoken in aerospace industry. We are also partners of ESA (5%), but it's negligible compared with the cake piece of Germany, France and GB in european aerospace industry. For instance, the two official languages of ESA are english and french.

6. Jan 24, 2006 #5
    post WW2 it was german

then

Russian

next

Chinese?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?