Which one earns more money: free iOS app or free iPhone app?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Math10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    App Iphone Money
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
16 replies · 2K views
Math10
Messages
301
Reaction score
0
Which one makes more money: free iOS app or free iPhone app?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Aren't both offered through the itunes store? What's the difference?
 
Yes, I'm thinking in-app purchasing. I thinking about making a free game app.
 
So after making a free game app, do I go to the Apple Store to submit it?
 
So after making a free game app, I have to create a developer account, and then?
 
Math10 said:
So after making a free game app, I have to create a developer account, and then?
Create the app information in itunes connect via your developer account then upload the app via Apple Application Loader. Then wait 5 days for it to be reviewed.
 
Just read what is there. Apple (and Google) document pretty much every single comma of monetization, we are not lawyers. You wanted to make a free app, now you need micro-transactions, phishing (I did not type that), ads or something else to get money from it.
 
Suggesting "* for Dummies" never sounds right. A friend almost got fired because of this.
 
Should I learn Objective-C for developing iOS game app?
 
It seems by far the most common choice. Although I really think that there are alternatives, coding for iOS or Android is not completely language agnostic. You need to pick one that has a big enough user base and that is well supported. It basically narrows down to C# (MS), Java (Google) and O-C (Apple).
 
mafagafo said:
Suggesting "* for Dummies" never sounds right. A friend almost got fired because of this.

That's the sort of company that makes a bad employer. He might want to think about moving up in the world.