Which Popular Science Book on Quantum Mechanics is Best for the General Public?

  • Thread starter Thread starter farful
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book General Qm
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
farful
Messages
55
Reaction score
1
Hi, I'm looking for a popular science book on quantum mechanics. That is, a book for the general public without heavy math and other scary stuff for us stupid people.

I'm not looking for a textbook, so don't recommend Griffiths. I want a minimum level of math (if at all). The level I want would be like the equivalent of Barabasi's book on network theory, or any of Brian Greene's book, Dawkins for biology, Mitchell (maybe Lewin is easier)on complexity, etc.

Or is there sort of like a philosophy of QM book?

Anyone have suggestions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.amazon.com/dp/067401832X/?tag=pfamazon01-20 by Kenneth Ford and Diane Goldstein
https://www.amazon.com/dp/048624895X/?tag=pfamazon01-20 by George Gamow
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0521447712/?tag=pfamazon01-20 by George Gamow

I second the nomination of Richard Feynman's QED book. I don't think you can find two better physics writers than Feynman or Gamow. Both are unique, very clear, and quite funny. Plus, both men were part of the circle of physicists who founded quantum mechanics.

I know there is a philosophy of physics book by Heisenberg, but I don't really know anything about it.
 
Last edited by a moderator: