Which Solution Should You Choose for a Given Bernoulli Problem?

• Thread starter supercali
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem given in the form of a Bernoulli equation and the changes made to solve it. The solution for x(y) is given as (x(y))^2 = -8 - 8sin(y) + 9e^(sin(y)), with initial conditions of x = 1 and y = 0. The only issue is choosing between the positive and negative root, with the positive root being the correct solution since it passes through the given initial conditions.
supercali
The problem that was given:
[tex]{\frac {d}{dx}}y \left( x \right) =2\,{\frac {x}{{x}^{2}\cos \left( y
\right) +4\,\sin \left( 2\,y \right) }}
[/tex] after doing some changes we get a bernuli that looks like this
[tex]2\, \left( {\frac {d}{dy}}x \left( y \right) \right) x \left( y
\right) =\cos \left( y \right) \left( x \left( y \right) \right) ^{
2}+4\,\sin \left( 2\,y \right)[/tex]
with the initial conditions that x=f(y) goes through (1,0) (1=x,0=y)
the solution is
[tex]\left( x \left( y \right) \right) ^{2}=-8-8\,\sin \left( y \right) +
9\,{{\rm e}^{\sin \left( y \right) }}[/tex]
for these conditions the boundry is Dy=(arcsin(ln(8/9)),pi/2) which includes the point in the initial conditions the only problem i have is i don't know how to choose the final solution for x(y) thus whether is it th possitive root or the negative one

Physics news on Phys.org
supercali said:
with the initial conditions that x=f(y) goes through (1,0) (1=x,0=y)

the only problem i have is i don't know how to choose the final solution for x(y) thus whether is it th possitive root or the negative one

Hi supercali! :smile:

But if it goes through (1,0), with x = 1, then it must be the positive solution, mustn't it? :confused:

how stupid of me how did i not notie that?
after solving this creepy thing i must have been too exhausted :-)

:wink: fragilistic! :wink:

Related to Which Solution Should You Choose for a Given Bernoulli Problem?

1. How do I know if my solution is the right one?

The best way to determine if your solution is the right one is to thoroughly research and analyze the problem you are trying to solve. Consider the potential outcomes and consequences of your solution and gather feedback from others to get a well-rounded perspective.

2. What factors should I consider when making a decision?

When making a decision, it is important to consider the feasibility, cost, potential impact, and ethical implications of your solution. You should also take into account any potential risks or obstacles that may arise.

3. How do I weigh different options and choose the best one?

To weigh different options and choose the best one, you can create a decision matrix where you list out the pros and cons of each option and assign weights to each factor based on their importance. This can help you objectively compare and evaluate each option.

4. What role does data play in making a decision?

Data plays a crucial role in making a decision as it provides evidence and insights that can inform your solution. Utilizing data analysis techniques can help you identify patterns and trends to make a more informed and objective decision.

5. How can I ensure my decision is fair and unbiased?

To ensure fairness and avoid bias in your decision-making process, it is important to involve diverse perspectives and consider all possible viewpoints. You can also use techniques such as brainstorming or role-playing to challenge your own assumptions and think outside the box.