Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why do people look like there dogs?

1. Nov 29, 2003 #1
    Why do people look like there dogs???

Lets have some fun and serious imput.

Why do people look like there dogs?
    Do they look for the fisiological feature in there dog, that matches them?

Why do dogs end up having the temperment of there masters?
    Do there masters teach there dogs there emotions?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2003 #2
    Perhaps because we tend to seek out those things which are most familiar to us and/or we begin to adopt those characteristics which make us better suited for a particular environment? ... i.e., if a dog and a human were brought up in a similar environment, they may adopt similar tendencies.

4. Nov 30, 2003 #3
    Evironment plays a factor. Fisiological, Slim people slim dogs. Over weight people overweight dogs. Emotional, Loud talkers, big barkers.

But who really finds who?, the master finds the dog or the dog finds the master. It could be argued inductively both ways.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  5. Nov 30, 2003 #4
    Of course if it weren't for human kind in the first place, we wouldn't have dogs in the second place, which were initially bred from the wolf. This is probably why dogs have a tendency to look more like their owners ... I guess?

6. Nov 30, 2003 #5
    Humans came from apes.
    Dogs came from wolves.
    Masters look like there Dogs.
    Dogs look like there masters because they are hairy.
    Iacchus32 you are hairy.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  7. Nov 30, 2003 #6
    Sometimes Dirty Harry perhaps ... in my dreams! :wink:

8. Dec 5, 2003 #7
    Does anybody know a dog who looks like his master? Is the master aware of this or is it only a observation from outside? How does choice through observation play a role in awareness?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?