I know that lightning can, but look at the following example: A Van de Graaff generator can produce lots of volts. Lats say 100 KV for our purposes. Why doesn't this voltage kill you? Many people say that it doesn't have enough amps, but lets look at Ohms law: V = IR. I measured the resistance from one hand to the other as being 750,000 ohms in my body. That means that there are 100000 Volts/750000 Ohms = 0.13 amps going through your body. It only takes 65 milliamps to stop your heart. There have been many class demonstrations where a student holds a Van de Graaff generator and touches someone else to pass hundreds of thousands of volts through their body. Why does't this kill you?