Why i have headaches when using new glasess

• Thread starter Rafa_El
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the experience of encountering eyestrain while wearing glasses and the possible reasons for it. The suggestion is made to get a second measurement from another optician. The conversation also advises against seeking medical advice from anonymous sources.
Rafa_El
Why i encounter it? I have been changing my glasses today. Google said it was because eyestrain "asthenopia" thag happen in eye lens. But i want to ask some real opinion not just a description. Have you ever encounter it too? How long it occurred ?

Biology news on Phys.org
A friend of mine experienced it once. The cause has been a slightly wrong adjustment. So it might be the case, that the glasses don't really match your needs, which can have multiple reasons: wrong dioptre (±0.25), wrong angles, and whatever plays a role. Headaches can result from the permanent endeavor by your eyes to correct it. I recommend to get a second measurement by another optician.

Likes Rafa_El
fresh_42 said:
A friend of mine experienced it once. The cause has been a slightly wrong adjustment. So it might be the case, that the glasses don't really match your needs, which can have multiple reasons: wrong dioptre (±0.25), wrong angles, and whatever plays a role. Headaches can result from the permanent endeavor by your eyes to correct it. I recommend to get a second measurement by another optician.
And how about your friend? Did he/she get second presribction?

Rafa_El said:
And how about your friend? Did he/she get second presribction?
I have cylinders 0.25 but i feel dizzy when they add that to my

We do not give medical advice, and you should not seek medical advice from anonymous internet forums. Consult the professional who issued the prescription for those glasses.

Thread closed.

Likes Rafa_El

FAQ: Why i have headaches when using new glasess

1. Why do I get headaches when I start wearing new glasses?

Headaches when using new glasses can be caused by a variety of factors. One common reason is that your eyes are adjusting to the new prescription. If the new glasses have a significantly different prescription than your old ones, it may take some time for your eyes and brain to adapt. Another reason could be that the glasses are not fitted properly, causing strain on your eyes and leading to headaches. It's also possible that the frames are too heavy or tight, putting pressure on your nose and temples. If your headaches persist, it's best to consult with an eye doctor.

2. Can wearing the wrong prescription in my new glasses cause headaches?

Yes, wearing the wrong prescription in your new glasses can definitely cause headaches. If the prescription is too strong or too weak, your eyes will have to strain to see clearly, which can result in headaches. It's important to get regular eye exams and make sure your glasses are always up-to-date with your current prescription.

3. How long does it take for my eyes to adjust to new glasses?

The amount of time it takes for your eyes to adjust to new glasses can vary. Some people may adjust within a few hours, while others may take a few days or even weeks. It also depends on the strength of the prescription and how often you wear the glasses. If your headaches continue for more than a few weeks, it's best to consult with an eye doctor.

4. Are there any ways to prevent headaches when using new glasses?

One way to prevent headaches when using new glasses is to make sure they are fitted properly. This includes adjusting the nose pads and temple arms to fit comfortably on your face. It's also important to wear your glasses consistently, as your eyes will adjust more quickly if you wear them regularly. If you experience persistent headaches, it's best to consult with an eye doctor to ensure your glasses are the correct prescription and fit for your eyes.

5. Can I wear my old glasses while my eyes adjust to the new ones?

It is not recommended to wear your old glasses while your eyes adjust to the new ones. Wearing two different prescriptions can cause eye strain and may not allow your eyes to properly adjust to the new prescription. It's best to wear your new glasses consistently and give your eyes time to adapt. If your headaches persist, it's best to consult with an eye doctor.