Pengwuino
Gold Member
- 5,112
- 20
The penguin tower kinda looks like a water tour though... or a grain silo...
I have no idea what you're talking about.Moonbear said:Um, not really, more like a giant...um...er...uh...well, Evo, Tsu and MIH know what I'm thinking of.![]()
![]()
![]()
Funny, I was wondering what size batteries it would require.zoobyshoe said:I have no idea what you're talking about.
I was wondering, though, if, when Pengwuino designed the tower, he took into consideration the fact that extra internal bracing might be needed. Otherwise, when people were inside, taking the elevator all the way to the top, the whole tower might vibrate vigorously.
I'm sure the massive motors needed for elevators, which might cause this vibration, would require connection to the city power linesMoonbear said:Funny, I was wondering what size batteries it would require.![]()
Not sure what you mean. I just think the structural integrity of the tower is very important since Evo and Moonbear seem interested in giving it a thorough workout, riding that elevator up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down.Pengwuino said:You guys are sick
Smurf said:I'm not touching this anymore, you're on your own now Pengwuino.
Good Lord! How did you manage to pull this out of "Why I'm the coolest member on this board?"zoobyshoe said:I'm sure the massive motors needed for elevators, which might cause this vibration, would require connection to the city power lines
What I'm getting at is: it seems to me a towering, vigorously vibrating thing like that might cause things to achieve a certain threshold during which we might hear groaning, from rubbing structural members, and then things would proceed to a state of relaxation where gravity would take over, and the tower would slowly flop over.
I'm not sure you want to be inviting smurf to touch your tower wih you. It's really your project, and if the tower needs stiffening there are books and magazines with a lot of information and probably even revealing photographs of structural engineering secrets.Pengwuino said:Oh come on, I can't touch it alone :(
Other people started it.Archon said:Good Lord! How did you manage to pull this out of "Why I'm the coolest member on this board?"
Now I know why I don't want to be an engineer...
Grotesque Puppet said:I'm sure Evo, Tsu and MIH wouldn't mind helping you with your tower
Evo certainly seem to be smitten by it. Strange because you don't often see women so taken with engineering. Maybe it's the French Connecion.Grotesque Puppet said:I'm sure Evo, Tsu and MIH wouldn't mind helping you with your tower
zoobyshoe said:Evo certainly seem to be smitten by it. Strange because you don't often see women so taken with engineering. Maybe it's the French Connecion.
Grotesque Puppet said:Can I help?
I've always been under the impression that was pure structural engineering propaganda. In real life you very rarely hear a woman bring the subject up. Of course, who knows what is discussed behind closed doors in women-only situations. Could be it's all about structural engineering.Pengwuino said:Really? It sure doesn't seem like women aren't taken by structural engineering by the structural engineering videos that are so prolific on the internet.
zoobyshoe said:I've always been under the impression that was pure structural engineering propaganda. In real life you very rarely hear a woman bring the subject up. Of course, who knows what is discussed behind closed doors in women-only situations. Could be it's all about structural engineering.
In my youth they had a set of structural members you could screw together to demonstrate structural engineering, or use as a toy. It was called an Erector Set. They don't make them anymore.Pengwuino said:Well I've overheard many girls openly talk about how they recently taught a lesson in structural engineering to very open-minded individuals.
zoobyshoe said:In my youth they had a set of structural members you could screw together to demonstrate structural engineering, or use as a toy. It was called an Erector Set. They don't make them anymore.
And I'm sure you bragged about it to all the other budding structural engineers on the school yard at recess.Grotesque Puppet said:I always built my structures out of lego..My largest structure was over 2 metres standing vertically
That surprises me.Grotesque Puppet said:My mom was really impressed
Sounds like you have a very close family.Grotesque Puppet said:My sister even had to help me carry it up the stairs to my room