Why Im the coolest member on this board

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
loseyourname said:
How many people do you know with devil Smurfs tattoed on them?

http://www.nocturnelle.net/images/t3.gif [Broken]
[/URL]
But devils aren't cool, they're hot! :devil: But that is a really cute penguin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smurf_Angel&Devil.jpg

Devil and Angel Smurf Figurines.

Besides, Smurf's roll better.
http://i.domaindlx.com/badgerific3/smurf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Mentor
Pengwuino said:
Eiffel_Penguin.jpg
:!!) :!!) :!!)

Tsu
Gold Member
Evo said:
:!!) :!!) :!!)
STOP IT!!!! :grumpy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think a cold shower is in order.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
The penguin tower kinda looks like a water tour though... or a grain silo...

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pengwuino said:
The penguin tower kinda looks like a water tour though... or a grain silo...
Um, not really, more like a giant...um...er...uh...well, Evo, Tsu and MIH know what I'm thinking of. :biggrin: :rofl: :blushing:

Moonbear said:
Um, not really, more like a giant...um...er...uh...well, Evo, Tsu and MIH know what I'm thinking of. :biggrin: :rofl: :blushing:
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was wondering, though, if, when Pengwuino designed the tower, he took into consideration the fact that extra internal bracing might be needed. Otherwise, when people were inside, taking the elevator all the way to the top, the whole tower might vibrate vigorously.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
zoobyshoe said:
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was wondering, though, if, when Pengwuino designed the tower, he took into consideration the fact that extra internal bracing might be needed. Otherwise, when people were inside, taking the elevator all the way to the top, the whole tower might vibrate vigorously.
Funny, I was wondering what size batteries it would require. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Funny, I was wondering what size batteries it would require. :rofl:
I'm sure the massive motors needed for elevators, which might cause this vibration, would require connection to the city power lines

What I'm getting at is: it seems to me a towering, vigorously vibrating thing like that might cause things to achieve a certain threshold during which we might hear groaning, from rubbing structural members, and then things would proceed to a state of relaxation where gravity would take over, and the tower would slowly flop over.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
You guys are sick

Pengwuino said:
You guys are sick
Not sure what you mean. I just think the structural integrity of the tower is very important since Evo and Moonbear seem interested in giving it a thorough workout, riding that elevator up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Structural engineering is sick!!!

I'm not touching this anymore, you're on your own now Pengwuino.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Smurf said:
I'm not touching this anymore, you're on your own now Pengwuino.
Oh come on, I cant touch it alone :(

Archon
zoobyshoe said:
I'm sure the massive motors needed for elevators, which might cause this vibration, would require connection to the city power lines

What I'm getting at is: it seems to me a towering, vigorously vibrating thing like that might cause things to achieve a certain threshold during which we might hear groaning, from rubbing structural members, and then things would proceed to a state of relaxation where gravity would take over, and the tower would slowly flop over.
Good Lord! How did you manage to pull this out of "Why I'm the coolest member on this board?"

Now I know why I don't want to be an engineer...

Pengwuino said:
Oh come on, I cant touch it alone :(
I'm not sure you want to be inviting smurf to touch your tower wih you. It's really your project, and if the tower needs stiffening there are books and magazines with alot of information and probably even revealing photographs of structural engineering secrets.

I've seen photo essays, for example, where the journalist takes us up under the Statue of Liberty's great bronze drapery to see her secrets. It's actually possible to get inside Lady Liberty, and someday I think I'd like to get inside her.

That makes me wonder. I'm not sure how tall The Statue of Liberty is, nor am I aware of how tall the Pengwuino tower might be. I wonder if you could fit your tower inside Lady Liberty?

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Probably!

Lady liberty is very wide and I feel a very hard, cylindrical shaped tower such as the Pengwuino Tower should be able to drive any obscurities into teh walls. I would probably need a protective shielding and proper lubrication... for the tower of course...

Archon said:
Good Lord! How did you manage to pull this out of "Why I'm the coolest member on this board?"

Now I know why I don't want to be an engineer...
Other people started it.

I'm sure Evo, Tsu and MIH wouldn't mind helping you with your tower

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Grotesque Puppet said:
The more the marrier

Grotesque Puppet said:
Evo certainly seem to be smitten by it. Strange because you don't often see women so taken with engineering. Maybe it's the French Connecion.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
zoobyshoe said:
Evo certainly seem to be smitten by it. Strange because you don't often see women so taken with engineering. Maybe it's the French Connecion.
Really? It sure doesnt seem like women aren't taken by structural engineering by the structural engineering videos that are so prolific on the internet.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Grotesque Puppet said:
Can I help?
No... my architectual firm has taken al ot of heat from politicians and we are being forced to contract out to women-only firms