Why is my Windows installation stuck in a loop?

• Thread starter FrostScYthe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mind
In summary: That is what made the problem for me.In summary, the person's computer was having problems and they had to reinstall their windows xp. They experienced a loop where they were back at the windows setup screen. After trying different things and checking the boot order, they fixed the problem by restarting without the windows xp cd in.
FrostScYthe
Aghhh.. I just had to reinstall my windows because I was having some problems with it, it´s a windows xp, as I try to reinstall windows, it seems to go fine, and it deletes the old files, and prepares for windows installation, then it does a restart and then I´m back on the windows setup screen, I´ve tried formatting it, and installing windows but I´m back on the windows setup screen, it´s like a loop, and I´m puzzled over its cause, it isn{t the cd I´ve already tried a different one.
Any help thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
FrostScYthe said:
Aghhh.. I just had to reinstall my windows because I was having some problems with it, it´s a windows xp, as I try to reinstall windows, it seems to go fine, and it deletes the old files, and prepares for windows installation, then it does a restart and then I´m back on the windows setup screen, I´ve tried formatting it, and installing windows but I´m back on the windows setup screen, it´s like a loop, and I´m puzzled over its cause, it isn{t the cd I´ve already tried a different one.
Any help thanks in advance.

sounds like for some reason it is not writing the correct files to the disk.

do you have access to Linux? just to see what the problem is, you should try a different OS install and see if that has the same problem.

It sounds like you've forgotten to change the boot order in the BIOS after the first reboot. I imagine you know what I'm talking about since you would have had to change it to boot from the CD in the first place, but if not, let me know and I'll give more of an explanation.

If you've already checked that and it isn't what's causing the problem, then I've got no clue, sorry.

have you tried restarting without the windows xp cd in at all? it does sound like it could be a boot order thing.

Fixed it

Yeah apparently it was the boot order thingie, I had the boot order as CD-ATAPI first, and then I had the disabled everything else. I tried setting the boot order as the default one, and windows started... finally omg.

I'm still not sure what it was, but it probably had to do with that, and to think I formatted the whole thing =(

ROFL! I have done that quite a few times too!

Always take the cd out when there is that countdown to reboot going.

Related to Why is my Windows installation stuck in a loop?

What does it mean when someone says "Out of my mind right now"?

When someone says "Out of my mind right now", it typically means that they are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, or unable to focus due to a particular situation or circumstance.

Is "Out of my mind right now" a scientific term?

No, "Out of my mind right now" is not a scientific term. It is a colloquial phrase used to express a state of mind or emotions.

Can being "Out of my mind right now" have negative effects on my health?

Being "Out of my mind right now" can have negative effects on a person's mental health, as it can lead to increased stress, anxiety, and difficulty concentrating. If these feelings persist, it is important to seek help from a mental health professional.

What are some ways to cope with feeling "Out of my mind right now"?

Some ways to cope with feeling "Out of my mind right now" include taking a break, practicing deep breathing or other relaxation techniques, talking to a trusted friend or family member, or engaging in activities that bring you joy and help you relax.

Is there a link between feeling "Out of my mind right now" and mental health disorders?

Feeling "Out of my mind right now" can be a symptom of various mental health disorders, such as anxiety or depression. It is important to seek professional help if these feelings are persistent and affecting your daily life.