Why utilization factor of plant may be more than 1?

• Thread starter Faraz Murtaza
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plant
In summary: Part of it may be a language barrier issue.I did not think of that. I apologize if your feelings were hurt.Can you post a reference?
Faraz Murtaza
please respond as soon as possible

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you post a reference?

And by the way, in the future, I'm sure you'd get a more positive response if you didn't insist on dictating how fast people should respond to your post.

Faraz Murtaza said:

Learn some manners.

but sir, i did not do anything wrong. so why are you saying all that learn some manners i know how to converse. And if i want to get my answer little early so what's wrong in it

...so why are you saying all that ...

You won't take the time to clearly state your question
yet you ask others to jump for you ?

When one asks a favor of this sort one should:
explain why the rush,
make it clear what is being asked,
and offer appreciation for any help.

Is "plant" a steam electric generating plant, a windmill, a grape vine, a theater or a factory?

Is "utilization factor" a measure of its production, its availability, or its attendance?

Most folks won't rush to the aid of somebody who appears to not value them or their time.

Faraz Murtaza said:

Faraz Murtaza said:
but sir, i did not do anything wrong. so why are you saying all that learn some manners i know how to converse. And if i want to get my answer little early so what's wrong in it

Part of it may be a language barrier issue.

In any case, please answer the technical questions that have been asked of you to clarify where you read that the utilization factor can be larger than one. As you can tell from the responses, we are skeptical about this statement. Thank you.

Part of it may be a language barrier issue.

I did not think of that. I apologize if your feelings were hurt.

milesyoung said:
Can you post a reference?

And by the way, in the future, I'm sure you'd get a more positive response if you didn't insist on dictating how fast people should respond to your post.

ok as you wish

Faraz Murtaza said:
ok as you wish

That is not helpful. Perhaps still the translation issue...

jim hardy said:
you won't take the time to clearly state your question
yet you ask others to jump for you ?

When one asks a favor of this sort one should:
Explain why the rush,
make it clear what is being asked,
and offer appreciation for any help.

Is "plant" a steam electric generating plant, a windmill, a grape vine, a theater or a factory?

Is "utilization factor" a measure of its production, its availability, or its attendance?

Most folks won't rush to the aid of somebody who appears to not value them or their time.
yes sir its an electricity generating plant and i agree what you said so i apologize for it but i was having my exams at that time and i wanted to know this question's answer, it was the only reason for my rushing.

jim hardy said:
learn some manners.

now i won't trust the computer for anything important.

1. What is the utilization factor of a plant?

The utilization factor of a plant is a measure of the efficiency with which the plant is able to convert incoming solar radiation into chemical energy through photosynthesis.

2. How is the utilization factor of a plant calculated?

The utilization factor of a plant is calculated by dividing the net primary productivity (NPP) of the plant by the amount of solar radiation it receives. NPP is the difference between the energy captured by the plant through photosynthesis and the energy lost through respiration.

3. Why might the utilization factor of a plant be greater than 1?

The utilization factor of a plant can be greater than 1 if the plant is able to capture more energy through photosynthesis than it loses through respiration. This can occur in plants with high rates of photosynthesis and low rates of respiration, or in plants that are able to store excess energy for later use.

4. What factors can affect the utilization factor of a plant?

The utilization factor of a plant can be affected by a variety of factors, including environmental conditions such as temperature, light availability, and water availability. Genetic factors, such as the plant's ability to efficiently use resources, can also play a role.

5. How does the utilization factor of a plant impact its growth and productivity?

The utilization factor of a plant directly affects its growth and productivity, as it determines the amount of energy available for the plant to use for growth, reproduction, and defense against environmental stressors. A higher utilization factor can lead to increased growth and productivity, while a lower utilization factor can limit growth and productivity.