Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why

1. Feb 8, 2004 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why do you people all get to go to sleep, and I am getting ready to go to work :frown: [zz)]

no fair..

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2004 #2
    i am not sleeping :p, got a few essay to write :(

4. Feb 9, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Talk to me when you get home.

Also, since I found PF I quit sleeping.

5. Feb 9, 2004 #4
    Why is everyone able to get to sleep when im sitting at 3:00 on a monday morning on my window ledge looking out over the entire school and not seeing a single light on.

6. Feb 9, 2004 #5
    People are wimps...

7. Feb 9, 2004 #6

Tsu

Gold Member

Not me, man! I'm working while y'all are sleeping, too!

8. Feb 9, 2004 #7
    It seems that PF people have a lot in common, like working while others are sleeping. So, you're not alone, Monique. :smile:

Last night, I was studying while others were sleeping and I went to bed when everyone was about to wake up. So I got only 1.5 hours sleep. Probably I'll repeat it tonight. Everyday, at the time I leave home for school, most of my classmates are still sleeping. Everyday when I just arrive home from school, some of my classmates have already had tea and have got some rest. These are the disadvantages of living far away from school. Well, but isn't it fair as we all have 24 hours a day ?

I don't even have time for PF lately as exams are imminent.

9. Feb 10, 2004 #8
    I work from 4am to noon in the summer, and 2am to 10am during the rest of the year. Once or twice a week I'll work an extra 4 hours padded on to the end of my regular shift. Well, keeps me off the streets.

10. Feb 10, 2004 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

YOU SHOULD BE STUDYING!

11. Feb 10, 2004 #10
    you must be living in a reverse osmosis world, like too many of us. What I would do if I were you is just go to sleep on the job.

12. Feb 10, 2004 #11
    Good observation!

13. Feb 11, 2004 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

lol i thought i had cleared my insomnia, but i havent so i am awake day AND night...apart from around 4.00am to 7.30am... where i doze!

14. Feb 11, 2004 #13

megashawn

Science Advisor

(raises head up from desk, wipes drool of cheek) Works for me!!!

No, seriously it seems more and more people are getting less sleep. I know i've been having car problems, and I've basically been forced to restore a car in less then 2 weeks time so I can continue working. Its been so long since I've had a good nights sleep I've about forgotten what its like to not have dark circles around my eyes. People are starting to think I've become a goth or something.

15. Feb 11, 2004 #14
    reading about this topic makes me sleepy...

16. Feb 11, 2004 #15
    Yeah, I'm always tired too and the PF isn't helping any.

17. Feb 11, 2004 #16
    You go to work at this hour? They must torture you in Amsterdam...
    Oh yeah, (slaps self on face), time zones. duh!

Anyway, sleep and food are so mundane compared to, well... nevermind.

18. Feb 11, 2004 #17

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I've been so sleep deprived I look like a racoon. :frown:

19. Feb 11, 2004 #18

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why is everyone always awake and clanging pans in the kitchen when *I'm* trying to sleep? That's what I want to know.

- Warren

20. Feb 12, 2004 #19
    I think the worst thing (for me at least) is that there is a flood light right next to my window. When it on its like the sun is at my window. When you wake up to a sun blasting through your window at 5 in the morning on the weekend you aren't happy.

21. Feb 12, 2004 #20

JDK

*yawn* I get up at 3:00 am to go to work. The bad part is, I can't fall asleep until 11:00 pm so I end up feeling like this -->[zz)] at 10:00 in the morning. My biological clock makes about as much sense as working the early morning shift Heh. But, such is life... I guess.

BTW - Flood-lights are no fun.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?