Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Will this get me into Hollywood?

1. Apr 12, 2005 #1
    Greetings. I’m hoping to get into the film business and to that end I am assembling a showreel. I’ve got two pieces of video footage here, one showing me directly addressing the camera and the other acting out an absurd scene. I’d like your honest opinion on my efforts.

VIDEO 1 – A messege to all who have seen my earlier efforts
    [​IMG]
    Video located here - http://rapidshare.de/files/1242871/messege.wmv.html

VIDEO 2 – A doll sheep bleats a plea to…well, you’ll see!
    [​IMG]
    Video located here - http://rapidshare.de/files/1242912/sheeep.wmv.html

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2005 #2
    I would go for the face to face camera audition instead. That means you, facing the camera and whatever emotions you can conjure up (say your little sheep passed away, and your girlfriend broke up with you at the same time then build up on that). You'd probably feel a bit silly but that's how I see actors do it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  4. Apr 12, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Also, getting anywhere in hollywood is pretty much like firing a gun into the air and hoping it lands in a bucket a mile away. Best suggestions are that you have to pretty much put your whole life into it if you do pursue the movie business (you wont be successful if you give it a half-hearted attempt like its a hobby). Also realize theres probably been tens of millions of people who tried to do teh same thing as you and you only hear of maybe 100 at the most actors current day actually making money in the movie business. Also, its a lot of BS, drugs, 'watching what you say', etc. Its like... trying to be popular as a junior high school student for the rest of your life lol.

5. Apr 13, 2005 #4
    thanks very much for the advice. :smile:

i've made this too;-
    [​IMG]

In this latest effort I’m attempting to make a fake surgery video, to have people believe surgery is taking place. Is there anything I can do to make it more convincing??

Video found here - http://rapidshare.de/files/1257215/drgreen.wmv.html

6. Apr 13, 2005 #5

ShawnD

Science Advisor

I was playing some incredibly loud music, and when I tried to play your video, I couldn't hear what was going on.
    Can you crank the sound way up?

[​IMG]

7. Apr 13, 2005 #6
    Omega, I don't want to ruin your dreams. But The very fact that you're posting on this forum kind of proves you're too intelligent to get into hollywood. The masses won't buy it, you should take a few Timecube classes, then try again.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?