Wolfram Mathematica demonstrations programming book

In summary, the individual is a beginner to Mathematica and programming in general, but has done research and is looking for a book that focuses on graphics, animations, and physics demonstrations. They are interested in the manipulate function and have taken courses in calculus and linear algebra. They mention a new book by Stephen Wolfram that may be helpful for beginners in learning the Mathematica language and its capabilities.
RubinLicht
I am currently a complete beginner to Mathematica (in fact, to programming in general) I have done adequate research about books for general books on Mathematica, but I would like to find a book that focuses mostly on graphics, animations, demonstrating physics and the like.

For example, while on the wolfram website, I saw a demonstration of chaos theory through a double pendulum.

I guess what I want the book to focus on is the manipulate function and visual aspects of Mathematica.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm in 11th grade and next year i will be taking a course about Mathematica, so I'd like to get a head start and get good at graphics to make some nice physics demonstrations. I am familiar with all of calculus included multivariate and vector Calc, and have taken a full year course on linear algebra.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is a new book by Stephen Wolfram which introduces the Mathematica Langauge starting from a beginner's level. I've not yet worked through much of it, but it seems to be good in demonstrating what can be done with Mathematica and how to do it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1944183000/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is "Wolfram Mathematica demonstrations programming book" about?

"Wolfram Mathematica demonstrations programming book" is a comprehensive guide for learning how to create interactive demonstrations using the Wolfram Mathematica software. It covers various topics such as basic programming techniques, creating graphics and animations, and incorporating sound and video into demonstrations.

2. Do I need prior knowledge of Mathematica to use this book?

While some basic knowledge of Mathematica may be helpful, this book is designed for beginners and assumes no prior programming experience. It provides step-by-step instructions and examples for creating demonstrations, making it accessible to users of all levels.

3. Can I use the techniques in this book for other projects besides demonstrations?

Yes, the techniques and principles taught in this book can be applied to other projects and programming tasks within Mathematica. The book also covers general programming concepts that can be useful in other programming languages.

4. Are there any online resources or support for this book?

Yes, the Wolfram website offers a variety of resources for those using Mathematica, including a community forum where users can ask for help and share their own demonstrations. The book also includes access to additional online materials for practice and further learning.

5. Is this book suitable for self-study or is it better for classroom use?

This book can be used for both self-study and classroom use. It provides clear explanations and examples for readers to follow on their own, but can also be used as a supplemental resource for a classroom setting. It also includes exercises and challenges for readers to test their understanding and skills.