Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,650 3/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛ INLET remaining 41 old/36 new/65 used
🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛ SPRAY 1/1/1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 3.794

hard mode
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨 CHUMP 5/6/8
🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛ IMPLY 1/1/1 Best Orod old word @ 1.455
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,651 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (75).webp
 
Wordle 1,651 4/6

🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛ SLAIN remaining: 30 old/17 new/55 used
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨 TROPE 2/0/0
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟨 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 3.782

hard mode
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨 CHUMP 231
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛ PODGY 3/0/8
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,652 3/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛ UTILE remaining: 27 old/20 new/81 used
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛ HOARY 1/0/4
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 4.563

hard mode
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP 7/12/24
⬛🟩🟨🟨⬛ NACHO 2/1/2 {the best Orodruin word @ 2.444}
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 1/0/2
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,653 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛ ENTRY remaining: 38 old/15 new/95 used
🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛ OHIAS 3/0/6 plural form of a Hawaiian and Malay trees
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩 2/0/0
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 4.267

hard mode
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP 1149
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛ TOWNY 11/7/18
🟨⬛⬛🟩🟩 BIGOT 1/0/0 {Orod score of 1.471}
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sometimes I'm suspicious that my methodology for regular mode could use improving when my hard mode method works better.
 
Not my best days. It even "said" "Phew" this time:

Wordle 1,653 6/6*

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (76).webp
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,653 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛ ENTRY remaining: 38 old/15 new/95 used
🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛ OHIAS 3/0/6 plural form of a Hawaiian and Malay trees
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩 2/0/0
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 4.267

hard mode
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP 1149
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛ TOWNY 11/7/18
🟨⬛⬛🟩🟩 BIGOT 1/0/0 {Orod score of 1.471}
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sometimes I'm suspicious that my methodology for regular mode could use improving when my hard mode method works better.
Yeah, I noticed and wondered too. :smile:
 
Wordle 1,654 4/6*

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛ CHUMP remaining: 24 old/15 new/57 used
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩 DOUBT 3/0/9
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩 VAUNT 1/0/2
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 3.534

standard mode
⬛⬛🟨🟩⬛ SATIN 6/2/12
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩 ORBIT 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Finally took the plunge and switched to actually playing in hard mode.
Having played over 1400 consecutive games and having never gotten a 7, this was a scary decision.
But I mock played the worst Wordle word ever, JOKER, and got it in 6, so here I am.:oldsurprised:

ps. Sorry I'm late, but the power went out minutes after I completed the game, so I went to bed.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and edwardII
Wordle 1,655 3/6*

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP remaining: 30 old/16 new/79 used
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛ TOCKY 1/1/1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 3.660

standard mode
⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛ SALON 14/10/20
⬛🟨⬛🟨🟨 BRIDE 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Why on Earth I didn't guess SIREN first I have absolutely no idea!

Wordle 1,656 4/6*

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟨🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (78).webp
 
Wordle 1,656 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP remaining: 274 old/225 new/650 used
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛ TOWNY 21/12/56
⬛🟩🟨⬛🟨 LINGS 1/0/1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 3.582

standard mode
🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛ ROAST 15/3/21
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛ SHREW 3/0/2
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛ SCREE 1/0/1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,654 4/6*

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛ CHUMP remaining: 24 old/15 new/57 used
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩 DOUBT 3/0/9
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩 VAUNT 1/0/2
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 3.534

standard mode
⬛⬛🟨🟩⬛ SATIN 6/2/12
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩 ORBIT 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Finally took the plunge and switched to actually playing in hard mode.
Having played over 1400 consecutive games and having never gotten a 7, this was a scary decision.
But I mock played the worst Wordle word ever, JOKER, and got it in 6, so here I am.:oldsurprised:

ps. Sorry I'm late, but the power went out minutes after I completed the game, so I went to bed.
Hahaaa!! One more for the dark side!!! :woot:
 
Wordle 1,657 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP remaining: 273 old/225 new/651 used
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ TOWNY 54/41/127
⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛ GLIBS 4/0/4 all 4 were 1.000
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬛ ABLED 1/0/0 RNG
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 4.206

standard mode
⬛⬛🟨🟨🟨 STEAL 10/8/40
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬛ ABLED 1/1/5
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Last edited:
Took a little extra time. LADLE wasn't the smartest guess.

Wordle 1,657 5/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (79).webp
 
Wordle 1,658 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨 CHUMP remaining: 55 old/53 new/123 used
🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛ POYNT 1/1/5
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 4.102

standard mode
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛ URINE 15/8/47
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨 CAMPO 1/0/4
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,656 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP remaining: 274 old/225 new/650 used
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛ TOWNY 21/12/56
⬛🟩🟨⬛🟨 LINGS 1/0/1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 3.582

standard mode
🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛ ROAST 15/3/21
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛ SHREW 3/0/2
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛ SCREE 1/0/1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think maybe I should use the list of already used words. At this point it hardly constitutes cheating anymore....
 
sbrothy said:
I think maybe I should use the list of already used words. At this point it hardly constitutes cheating anymore....
As I'm sure I've mentioned, Wordle is a multi-dimensional game. The dimension of time has consumed half of the answers. And the human biased dimension has left us with a lopsided set of impending solutions.....
 
On my third attempt there was only one word left that fit.

Wordle 1,658 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,659 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP remaining: 271 old/225 new/653 used
🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛ TOWNY 22/23/67
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨 GLIFT 1/5/4
⬛🟩🟨🟨🟨 VISTA 0/1/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Global mean: 3.443

standard mode
🟨🟨🟨🟩⬛ TRIAL 0/1/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩