Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 457K views
Wordle 1,769 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ironically, the solution this time was one of my wrong guesses last time.

Skærmbillede (137).webp
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wait, that doesn't make any sense? So I solved the same puzzle twice and effed it up the same way twice too. And in the same day? Talk about being scatterbrained!

EDIT: "The same day" should have been a dead giveaway. Fortunately I feel really good apart from this disappointment! o0)

EDIT2: But how? I was logged in both times?

EDIT3: Perhaps I'm at the end of my rope....?
 
sbrothy said:
Again?!
It was pure luck.
----

Wordle 1,770 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛ BOLUS 40/47/64 ∑151 (wb 184) (Seed: ranked last and used by no others)
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨 CUPID 2/1/3 ∑6 (7) (another seed)
⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛ ETUDE 1/0/0 old (1) (1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DRUNK

global mean: 3.488
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
Finally. Got it in 4. As I said I'm on this weird public computer which can't copy/paste. I'll update when I get home!!! After 2 days of failure I couldn't keep it in!
 
dwarde said:
Wordle 1,770 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Do you keep track of your guesses?
I ask because an additional game one can play is guessing other peoples guesses.
Of course I know the solution word, and I've noticed you've been fairly consistent with your seed word.
So analyzing the two I come up with PRION as your 2nd guess.

Am I close?
 
OmCheeto said:
Do you keep track of your guesses?
I ask because an additional game one can play is guessing other peoples guesses.
Of course I know the solution word, and I've noticed you've been fairly consistent with your seed word.
So analyzing the two I come up with PRION as your 2nd guess.

Am I close?
Bingo..with the two words all vowels but the U have been eliminated. I usually use that if I strike out on my seed word.
 
Wordle 1,771 3/6*

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛ MINUS 5/1/5 (wb 15) (Seed: ranked 1335 and used by 8 others)
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩 ROMAN 1/0/0 (1)(1.364, 2 MAX)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 WOMEN

global mean: 4.115
 
dwarde said:
Bingo..with the two words all vowels but the U have been eliminated. I usually use that if I strike out on my seed word.
Do you have a third word if both yield strikes? The remaining list of valid solutions looks to be a nightmare, with only 'DUMBO' yielding a way out of a near winless quagmire, if my analysis is correct.

---

Wordle 1,772 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛ BIPOD 58/72/203 ∑333 (wb 382) (Seed: ranked last and used by no others)
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛ SMOCK 4/1/4 (13) highest ranking of 3 remaining seed words
🟨⬛🟩🟩⬛ LOOSE 1/0/1 (2) (1.889, 2 MAX) FLOSS,
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GLOSS (50/50 biased towards old by stats: 79.52% old, 9.64% new, 10.84% used)

global mean: 3.844
 
OmCheeto said:
Do you have a third word if both yield strikes? The remaining list of valid solutions looks to be a nightmare, with only 'DUMBO' yielding a way out of a near winless quagmire, if my analysis is correct.

---

Wordle 1,772 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛ BIPOD 58/72/203 ∑333 (wb 382) (Seed: ranked last and used by no others)
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛ SMOCK 4/1/4 (13) highest ranking of 3 remaining seed words
🟨⬛🟩🟩⬛ LOOSE 1/0/1 (2) (1.889, 2 MAX) FLOSS,
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GLOSS (50/50 biased towards old by stats: 79.52% old, 9.64% new, 10.84% used)

global mean: 3..8

OmCheeto said:
Do you have a third word if both yield strikes? The remaining list of valid solutions looks to be a nightmare, with only 'DUMBO' yielding a way out of a near winless quagmire, if my analysis is correct.

---

Wordle 1,772 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛ BIPOD 58/72/203 ∑333 (wb 382) (Seed: ranked last and used by no others)
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛ SMOCK 4/1/4 (13) highest ranking of 3 remaining seed words
🟨⬛🟩🟩⬛ LOOSE 1/0/1 (2) (1.889, 2 MAX) FLOSS,
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GLOSS (50/50 biased towards old by stats: 79.52% old, 9.64% new, 10.84% used)

global mean: 3.844
I have had no third word but , I think I do now.. Thanks :smile:
 
dwarde said:
I have had no third word but , I think I do now.. Thanks :smile:
You can blame it all on Orodruin, as he got me started.
 
Wordle 1,773 5/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛ OPIUM 50/56/125 ∑231 (wb 309) (Seed: ranked 429 and used by 38 others)
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛ VICHY 7/16/33 ∑56 (72)
⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛ SATIN 1/2/1 (5)(≈1.538, ≈3 MAX) EERIE(old), REBID, REDID, BELIE(used)
🟨🟩⬛🟩⬛ REBID 1/0/0 (2)(all but EERIE were 1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 EERIE

global mean: 4.373

Tough one today. I'm surprised the global mean wasn't higher.
 
Wordle 1,774 3/6*

🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛ KUDOS 2/5/7 ∑14 (wb 17) (Seed: ranked 1267 and used by 9 others)
⬛🟩🟨🟨⬛ LUCKY 1/0/1 (2) (2.857 max of 5 !!!!) QUICK(used)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 QUACK

global mean: 3.928

I deleted this seed and its relatives as although it looks like it worked out well in this situation, it actually left me with a bit of a fingernail biter.
 
Wordle 1,775 4/6*

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛ MUSIC 26/36/36 ∑98 (WB 122) (Seed: ranked 306 and used by 59 others)
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛ FUNGO 12/10/13 ∑36 (48)
🟩🟩⬛🟨⬛ RUBLE 1/0/0 (1) (1.538 MAX 3)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 RURAL

global mean: 4.163
 
I cheated. I started the puzzle and discovered there was an A and an R, but then it had reset next time I logged on(?).

Wordle 1,775 4/6*

🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (140).webp
 
Wordle 1,776 3/6*

🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛ CUPID 21/15/73 ∑109 (wb 122)(Seed: ranked 1228 and used by 9 others)
🟩⬛🟩⬛🟩 CHOWK 1/0/4 (5)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 CROCK (old)(1.400 and max of 2)Following perceived pattern as this was the only old word and 'olds' were lagging 'used' by a small margin

global mean: 4.517

Lots of luck here as the global mean indicates 5 guesses was most common.
 
I found this one a little tricky. (EDIT: Even though I just finished a book about Australia.)

EDIT2: Oh, consulting merriam I see the meaning I thought wasn't even mentioned. I guess it's slang.

Wordle 1,776 5/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (141).webp
 
I was unable to log in yesterday or this morning ...I ended up registering with my old user name. I am dwarde in disguise BTW this was an extremely lucky guess.

Wordle 1,776 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Last edited:
edwardII said:
I was unable to log in yesterday or this morning ...I ended up registering with my old user name. I am dwarde in disguise BTW this was an extremely lucky guess.

Wordle 1,776 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Yes, of course we want to believe you, but as quickly as possible, tell us what state you live in, and why you cut your hedges that way.......

Otherwise, we'll assume you are an AI infiltraitor, and have to cut off your account.
 
OmCheeto said:
Yes, of course we want to believe you, but as quickly as possible, tell us what state you live in, and why you cut your hedges that way.......

Otherwise, we'll assume you are an AI infiltraitor, and have to cut off your account.
I live in Arizona And I used to cut my hedges in the shape of an old automobile. :cool: :cool::oldbiggrin:

Google Chrome just synchronized all of my log ins, favorites ect. across all devices. I think it might have shown my old edward account along with the dwarde account looking like one was an imposter.
 
Wordle 1,777 3/6*

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛ CUMIN 3/13/10 ∑26 (wb 33)(Seed: ranked 1084 and used by 11 others)
⬛⬛🟩🟨🟨 STULM 1/0/3 (4)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 PLUME old (1.000)

global mean: 3.481

Looking at the solution word, I would not have guessed it would be easily solved. But one out of nine got it in 2 guesses!
 
*Smiles smugly*

EDIT: No luck involved! :smile:

Wordle 1,777 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (142).webp
 
OK. Not so smug anymore. At least I got it.

Wordle 1,778 6/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (143).webp