Working of Solar charger circuit

In summary: It is the minimum required voltage difference between the input and output in order for the LM317 to regulate properly. In summary, the conversation is about understanding the circuit and its components, specifically the LM317, zener, and transistor. The last question is about the time it takes to charge a battery using a specific solar panel. The person is also asking for clarification on the equation used to calculate the output of the LM317 and how the input voltage affects it.
NafeesAhmed
Hello everyone !
can you please tell me how this whole circuit is working ?
specially these ones,

1.whats happening at LM317's pins(in adjust and out) ?
2. what's the purpose of zener here?
3. purpose of transistor nd how is it working ?

last question!
how much time it will take to charge that 6v(4.5Ah) battery if we use 12v(3watt) solar panel?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 414
Engineering news on Phys.org
The homework sub-forum is the correct place for posting this question (or rather, these 4 questions).

NascentOxygen said:
The homework sub-forum is the correct place for posting this question (or rather, these 4 questions).

LOL :D its not homework

davenn said:
there's a full description on the www site where you got the circuit

what part of the description, specifically, didnt you understand ?

cheers
Dave

as far as i know to calculate output of lm 317 we use this equation
vout= 1.25*(1+R2/R1)
and in my case vout is 8.194v.
please tell me what about about the incoming voltage? why don't we consider that volatge in this equation? what if my inut voltage is around 8 volts? what would happen then?

NafeesAhmed said:
as far as i know to calculate output of lm 317 we use this equation
vout= 1.25*(1+R2/R1)
and in my case vout is 8.194v.
please tell me what about about the incoming voltage? why don't we consider that volatge in this equation? what if my inut voltage is around 8 volts? what would happen then?

Look on the datasheet for the minimum input-output differential voltage specification (sometimes called the "dropout" voltage).

What is a solar charger circuit?

A solar charger circuit is an electronic circuit that uses solar energy to charge a battery or power a device. It typically consists of a solar panel, a charge controller, and a battery.

How does a solar charger circuit work?

A solar charger circuit works by converting the energy from the sun into electricity, which is then used to charge a battery. The solar panel absorbs sunlight and converts it into DC electricity, which is regulated and controlled by the charge controller before being stored in the battery.

What are the components of a solar charger circuit?

The main components of a solar charger circuit include a solar panel, a charge controller, and a battery. Some circuits may also include additional components such as diodes, resistors, and capacitors for protection and regulation purposes.

What types of devices can a solar charger circuit power?

A solar charger circuit can power a wide range of devices, including smartphones, laptops, cameras, and even small appliances like fans or lights. The power output of the circuit will depend on the size and efficiency of the solar panel and the capacity of the battery.

What are the advantages of using a solar charger circuit?

There are several advantages to using a solar charger circuit. It is a renewable and eco-friendly source of energy, reducing the reliance on traditional fossil fuels. It also allows for portable and off-grid power solutions, making it useful for outdoor activities or in areas with limited access to electricity. It can also save money on energy bills in the long run.