Wormholes expeling particles at superluminal speeds

In summary, the idea that particles with mass can travel at speeds greater than the speed of light is not impossible, but would require a wormhole to be created.
Boy@n
Probably a crazy idea but perhaps possible, so let me ask...

GR doesn't prevent particles, even those with mass, to travel at speeds higher than the maximal speed of light (C), if that was their initial speed.

Now, the only thing traveling faster than C is expansion of our Universe.

First, are there also particles 'riding' that wavefront?

Second, if so, what if one end of a wormhole would appear in that region and the other somewhere inside the Universe, might it be possible that the particle riding that wavefront at speeds exceeding C enters that wormhole and then exits it inside Universe, perhaps even near Earth, and keep that speed?

Third, would such a particle 'experience' (not in regard of itself, but in regard of Universe) traveling backwards in time ending in a Big Bang, while time still goes forward for the rest of Universe?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
First, are there also particles 'riding' that wavefront?

I believe the wavefront of the universe is the gravitational field of the universe's total mass. So therefore it might be gravitons or so. But I am happy if someone would correct me.

Second

No. The universe travels faster than c from our perspective but if you were on the "edge", it would be below c. So speed depends on the position in space and at no point in universe you can exceed the speed c. This might have to do with the quantum changes in materia and how "long" it takes to change energy states within that materia.

Again, I would be happy if anyone would correct me.

Third

I think what you are talking about is material with antigravity. I that case you could build a wormwhole in spacetime, and, as universe expands on any place, you could fold it in a way that you travel backwards in time.

Again, I'd be happy for corrections/clarifications.

RE: whole thread: NO.

nismaratwork said:
RE: whole thread: NO.
we really need a 'like' button...

zhermes said:
we really need a 'like' button...

Heh, that would polarize things here even more. :wink:

Related to Wormholes expeling particles at superluminal speeds

What is a wormhole?

A wormhole is a theoretical concept in physics that suggests the existence of a tunnel or shortcut through spacetime. It is believed that such a tunnel could potentially connect two distant locations, allowing for faster-than-light travel.

How does a wormhole work?

In theory, a wormhole would be created by warping the fabric of spacetime. This warping would create a tunnel through which objects or particles could travel, potentially at superluminal speeds. However, the actual mechanics of how a wormhole works are still not fully understood and are purely hypothetical at this point.

Can wormholes really expel particles at superluminal speeds?

This is a highly debated topic in the scientific community. While some theories suggest that a wormhole could allow for faster-than-light travel, there is currently no solid evidence to support this claim. Additionally, the laws of physics as we know them do not allow for particles to travel faster than the speed of light. Therefore, the idea of wormholes expelling particles at superluminal speeds is still just a theoretical possibility.

What are the potential implications of wormholes expelling particles at superluminal speeds?

If it were possible for wormholes to expel particles at superluminal speeds, it could have major implications for space travel and exploration. It could potentially allow for faster and more efficient transportation of spacecraft and could open up the possibility of exploring distant parts of the universe that were previously unreachable.

Are there any real-world examples of wormholes expelling particles at superluminal speeds?

No, there are currently no known examples of wormholes expelling particles at superluminal speeds. As mentioned before, this concept is still purely theoretical and has not been observed or proven in any real-world scenarios.