Would this water from air device work?

In summary, this device is said to use ultrasonic frequencies to condense water vapor into nano droplets which would then freeze. However, the device does not appear to have any provisions for achieving these conditions, which raises doubts as to whether this technology would actually work in practice.
PraAnan
Hello everyone,
I came across http://planetsave.com/2015/08/03/rain-tunnel-technology-provides-drinking-water-from-air/ and was wondering if this is actually possible?

A device in the Rain Tunnel called a Hypersonic Precipitator uses extremely high frequency sound waves, in the range of multiple million cycles per second, to produce nano-water particles which are smaller than 20 nanometers. Invisible water particles of this size can freeze at a temperature as high as 10 – 15 degrees Centigrade under specific conditions, which are created inside the Tunnel chamber. This leads to the rapid growth of nanometer ice crystals by vapor deposition at the cost of a very small amount of water from the cloud that has formed inside the chamber.

Precipitation (rain) starts inside the Active Cloud Chamber of the Rain Tunnel. The rain is then collected in a food-grade tank and treated with a five-stage process when the water is ready to drink. Water is never treated and stored, as stagnant water can get contaminated.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
It is possible, as stated in the article it would be nothing new.
Yet it would have a high Energy consumption, as roughly 1mc of air holds between 4-50g of water (depending on temp pressure etc.). For 1 liter you would need 20-250mc of air. The Energy from moving this much air alone would be high for the small output of water.

Lok said:
It is possible, as stated in the article it would be nothing new.
Yet it would have a high Energy consumption, as roughly 1mc of air holds between 4-50g of water (depending on temp pressure etc.). For 1 liter you would need 20-250mc of air. The Energy from moving this much air alone would be high for the small output of water.

Extracting water from air is not new but this product is supposed to use ultrasonic frequencies to condense water vapor into nano droplets which would then freeze at 10-15C (50-59F) in the right conditions.

I know that you can get ultrasonic humidifiers but I've never heard of a dehumidifier that works using ultrasonics.

PrAnan, I am with you. I am aware of ultrasonic humidifiers. I can not claim to know everything but all of the conditions that I am aware of that will cause water to freeze at 10-15 oC involve something other than standard atmosphere. When I go to the link it shows a relatively simple device that does not appear to have any provision to achieve these conditions.

1. Is the technology behind the water from air device scientifically proven?

Yes, the technology behind the water from air device is scientifically proven. It is based on the scientific principle of condensation, where water vapor in the air is cooled and turned into liquid water.

2. How much water can the device produce in a day?

The amount of water the device can produce depends on various factors such as humidity levels, temperature, and the size and efficiency of the device. On average, a small home unit can produce around 8-10 liters of water per day.

3. Is the water produced by the device safe to drink?

Yes, the water produced by the device is safe to drink. It goes through a filtration and purification process, removing any impurities and making it suitable for consumption.

4. Can the device work in any climate or location?

The device can work in most climates and locations, as long as the humidity level is above 30%. However, it may not be as efficient in extremely dry or cold climates.

5. How does the device affect the environment?

The device has a positive impact on the environment as it reduces the need for bottled water, which contributes to plastic waste and pollution. It also uses renewable energy sources and does not emit any harmful pollutants.