1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Would this water from air device work?

1. Oct 13, 2015 #1
    Hello everyone,
    I came across this device and was wondering if this is actually possible?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2015 #2

Lok

It is possible, as stated in the article it would be nothing new.
    Yet it would have a high Energy consumption, as roughly 1mc of air holds between 4-50g of water (depending on temp pressure etc.). For 1 liter you would need 20-250mc of air. The Energy from moving this much air alone would be high for the small output of water.

4. Oct 13, 2015 #3
    Extracting water from air is not new but this product is supposed to use ultrasonic frequencies to condense water vapor into nano droplets which would then freeze at 10-15C (50-59F) in the right conditions.

I know that you can get ultrasonic humidifiers but I've never heard of a dehumidifier that works using ultrasonics.

5. Oct 17, 2015 #4
    PrAnan, I am with you. I am aware of ultrasonic humidifiers. I can not claim to know everything but all of the conditions that I am aware of that will cause water to freeze at 10-15 oC involve something other than standard atmosphere. When I go to the link it shows a relatively simple device that does not appear to have any provision to achieve these conditions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook