Wow, policitical commercials = stupid

  • Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • #1
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
I'm starting to think that all the money spent on political commercials for the upcoming propositions on the CA ballot could easily pay off the debt California has... nay, the entire country has.

I just checked a spurt of commercials and out of 7 commercials, 4 were commercials about the proposition measures/bashing the governor... and the voting is still some 3 weeks away. Im pretty sure on the last week, ads are going to be popping up on the TV in simpsons.
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
10
0
Think of it this way, the unions are spending all of there money putting out lies about the Gov and his propositions. This is a good thing, the union members are seeing all there dues money spent on adds trying to defeat a proposition that is saying that their money cant be spent on political things without their consent. Then the unions will have to turn around and ask for more money. I love it; they are literally hanging them selves. So, I say spend away. I must admit, I hate listening to them… It makes my blood pressure go up.
 
  • #3
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
Yah i like how political commercials just get a grain of truth and add it to a mountain of lies. Pretty much gonna get to a point where a ballot initiative will have something simple like "Invest $50,000 in juvenile diabetes research" and a thousand commercials will come out going "The governor is trying to privatize health care!!!! VOTE NO!!!!!"

I guess people are absolutely stupid and rather listen to 40 hours of commercial instead of taking 40 minutes to read the actual proposition texts. Oddly enough, the one that really requires the most thinking and judgement is the proposition for the PUC's. Of course, it's getting the absolute least coverage on tv.
 
  • #4
356
3
Isn't healthcare in California already privatized?
 
  • #5
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
Smurf said:
Isn't healthcare in California already privatized?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If by privatized you mean largest social health care network in the nation.... then yes, it is privatized.
 
  • #6
356
3
Pengwuino said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
If by privatized you mean largest social health care network in the nation.... then yes, it is privatized.
There are three countries in the world where privatel healthcare is illegal:
North Korea, Cuba, and....... wait for it.... Canada.

What I mean by 'privatized' is slightly different that what you mean, me thinks.
 
  • #7
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
Smurf said:
There are three countries in the world where privatel healthcare is illegal:
North Korea, Cuba, and....... wait for it.... Canada.
What I mean by 'privatized' is slightly different that what you mean, me thinks.
I think you need to get your sarcasm meter fixed. Im amazed that canadians are so easily pushed around by having socialized health care forced on them if that is the case.

You're in good company however.
 
  • #8
10
0
Pengwuino said:
Oddly enough, the one that really requires the most thinking and judgement is the proposition for the PUC's.
I think prop 80 is a NO Vote! Here's why.
1. Imposes duties on Commission, Legislature and electrical providers. ( more tax, higher bills)
2. Requires all retail electric sellers, instead of just private utilities, to increase renewable energy resource procurement by at least 1% each year, with 20% of retail sales procured from renewable energy by 2010, instead of current requirement of 2017. (forcing hug-a-tree power production, as evidanced by gas prices more rules on production = higher prices)
3.Potential annual state administrative costs ranging from negligible up to around $4 million. (ok, that means the state will end up spending atleast 1billion, lol)

Bottom line is, more regulation and less free market dynamics = bad deal
 
  • #9
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
Well normally I'd agree but a lot of PG&E's problems came about when they were de-regulated.
 
  • #10
356
3
Pengwuino said:
I think you need to get your sarcasm meter fixed. Im amazed that canadians are so easily pushed around by having socialized health care forced on them if that is the case.
You're in good company however.
Forced on them? The conservatives have been trying to privatize healthcare for decades now. The Canadian people don't want it. That's why the torries have no chance of ever being elected, and the Liberals know it, so they won't do it either.
 
  • #11
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
Smurf said:
Forced on them? The conservatives have been trying to privatize healthcare for decades now. The Canadian people don't want it. That's why the torries have no chance of ever being elected, and the Liberals know it, so they won't do it either.
Making it illegal = forcing.
 
  • #12
356
3
Pengwuino said:
Making it illegal = forcing.
Does that apply to everything?
 
  • #13
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
Smurf said:
Does that apply to everything?
That is kinda the definition of something being illegal... Unless of course there are illegal things that can be legally done :biggrin:

Go back to humping rocks.

Why are canadians so defensive about health care anyhow. Maybe its so bad that they don't want ot be found out so everyones forced to defend it with their lives.
 

Related Threads on Wow, policitical commercials = stupid

  • Last Post
2
Replies
37
Views
20K
  • Last Post
10
Replies
232
Views
16K
  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
14
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
31
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
15
Views
2K
Top