Is this joke about an atheist and a bear meant to be serious or satirical?

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the appreciation for Gary Larson's new digital color style and recognizable humor. The group shares their favorite posts and jokes from Larson's latest work, including one about bears dining on cub scouts and another about an atheist encountering a bear. The conversation also touches on a potential misunderstanding of Larson's humor and a reference to Poe's Law.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Not on a daily basis, but hey, I'll take whatever Gary Larson wants to toss our way, whenever. :cool:

https://www.thefarside.com/new-stuff

Now it's digital color instead of pen-and-ink, but the style is still very recognizable.

• Love
Likes vela, strangerep, Astronuc and 8 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Bookmarked. Great sense of humor. Paging @Ranger Mike since he uses Gary in his avatar...

One of Gary's posts from today: :smile:
jtbell said:

1594253199609.png

• Haha
Likes DennisN and BillTre
LOL, I'm dying here.

And then there are the ones that mainly physics and tech folks will get...

1594253562259.png

• Haha
Likes DennisN, Astronuc and BillTre
berkeman said:
Bookmarked. Great sense of humor. Paging @Ranger Mike since he uses Gary in his avatar...

One of Gary's posts from today: :smile:View attachment 266070
Um, my wife just saw this post of mine (looking over my shoulder) and asked, "What's wrong with this picture?" She has a good point...

1594257007954.png

That lead weapon is pretty loud! o0)

I must have a warped sense of humor. I really like his 7-Jul-2020 (in the new stuff section) about bears dining on cub scouts.

For some reason, it reminds me of the joke about the bear and the atheist.

strangerep said:
For some reason, it reminds me of the joke about the bear and the atheist.
?

too cool!hahahahaha

berkeman said:
What's wrong with this picture?"
Dang. I was going to say that the third floor office on the right hand front corner of the Migraine office building has the lights both on and off.

Likes berkeman

Related to Is this joke about an atheist and a bear meant to be serious or satirical?

1. Is this joke meant to offend atheists?

No, this joke is not meant to offend anyone. It is simply a humorous scenario that plays on the stereotypes of atheists and bears.

2. Is the bear in the joke meant to represent something else?

The bear in the joke is simply a bear. It is not meant to symbolize anything else.

3. Is this joke making fun of atheists?

No, this joke is not making fun of atheists. It is simply using the concept of an atheist and a bear in a humorous way.

4. Is there a deeper meaning behind this joke?

No, this joke is meant to be taken at face value and does not have a deeper meaning or message.

5. Who typically tells this joke?

This joke can be told by anyone, as it is a popular joke that has been around for a while. However, it is important to always consider the feelings of others and refrain from telling jokes that may be offensive to some individuals.