Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Yet another physics-related website

1. Oct 21, 2007 #1
    I'm a college student pursuing a degree in physics, with an interest in computational physics. I got a web site where I figured I'd make simulations and publish them so that those with an interest in physics could play around with them and learn a bit.

Unfortunately, my simulations aren't quite as exciting as I expected. I've made two simulations -- one simulating the n-body problem, and one simulating a Bose-Einstein Condensate. They're useful for my research, but the general public wouldn't be interested in seeing a big text file full of coordinates...

Now, I'm stuck with a website which I'm not currently using. Since I've already paid for hosting, domain name, etc. I'm trying to think of ideas of what to put on my website -- but I'm not sure what.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with my website? Have you ever said to yourself, "I wish there was a physics-related website about _____?"

Any ideas are welcome! Thanks :smile:.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 21, 2007 #2
    On how great PF is? no? oh well, I tried :)
  4. Oct 22, 2007 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

5. Oct 22, 2007 #4
    You could make it a personal academic/physics blog until you finally decide what to do with it. Use it to think out loud.
  6. Oct 26, 2007 #5
    Thanks everyone for the ideas :). I like the blogging idea... in the meantime, I'll try to make my simulations more "interesting".
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?