How much time can you save with reliable and fast internet service?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary: I think I'd rather have the slower connection now so I can actually spend some time on the internet and not just look at pictures and videos.In summary, fifteen hours a year would be saved with consistently instantaneous Internet service.
Loren Booda
How much time would you save each year with consistently instantaneous Internet service?

Physics news on Phys.org
About... Fifteen hours with about 3 minutes of down time a day.

I think I pretty much have that :)

What magpies said. I have "consistently instantaneous Internet service" at home and work.

What ISP do you have, Loren Booda that it's messing with your time?

Huh, if you go back and count my days on 2400 baud modems, probably months, but now? I'd say my access is as close to instant as I care to have it. I can stream HD video, so... whee?

Well, I usually get one-two times each day when I get 2-3 minutes of down time. It's a minor annoyance at worst.

Time can accumulate into a number that's pretty shocking.
My friend plays World of Warcraft and just yesterday I found out just how much time he's spent on that game. You can type /played to find out how many hours you've played on that character. If it's over 24 hours, it'll put it in days. Well my friend has apparently played 69 days and 12 hours just on that one character. That's 1,668 hours. That's not including all the other characters he's played, which would probably at least triple that number. Granted, some of that time is spent AFK or alt-tabbed, but that's still amazing. What will he have when he quits playing that game? All those hours spent building up that character and when he quits he'll have nothing to show for it.

Loren Booda said:
How much time would you save each year with consistently instantaneous Internet service?

...and what would you do with that time, if you had it back?

I work for an ISP as a main administrator.

So I don't need an Internet service. I am the Internet service. By the very definition.

GeorginaS said:
What magpies said. I have "consistently instantaneous Internet service" at home and work.

What ISP do you have, Loren Booda that it's messing with your time?

Comcrass.

lisab said:
...and what would you do with that time, if you had it back?

Since time is an illusion, take a virtual tour of the virtual world.

Loren Booda said:
Comcrass.

Come to think of it, might my delay be caused by Windows XP?

Loren Booda said:
Comcrass.

Funny. I Googled "Comcrass" and this thread was the number one hit result. The second hit result is entitled "Are you an ***hole? - Page 3 - Marijuana Forum". Apparently someone whose e-mail address is @comcrass posts there. :biggrin:

Anyway, I think you should phone them and tell them how much time they've taken from you and also tell them you'd like them to give it back to you. I think that's only fair.

I don't mind the times I have to wait that much infact I probably enjoyed the internet more back when it took minutes to load a page with dial up.

1. How much time can reliable and fast internet service save me in my daily activities?

The amount of time saved by using reliable and fast internet service can vary depending on your specific daily activities. However, studies have shown that having reliable and fast internet service can save an average of 1-2 hours per day on tasks such as sending emails, downloading files, and browsing the internet.

2. Can reliable and fast internet service save me time in my work or business?

Yes, reliable and fast internet service can save a significant amount of time in work or business tasks. This can include tasks such as video conferencing, file sharing, and online research, which can be completed much more efficiently with a reliable and fast internet connection.

3. Will reliable and fast internet service save me time in entertainment and leisure activities?

Absolutely. With reliable and fast internet service, you can stream movies and TV shows, play online games, and browse social media with minimal loading times. This can save you a significant amount of time compared to using a slow and unreliable internet connection.

4. How does reliable and fast internet service improve productivity and save time in the workplace?

Reliable and fast internet service can improve productivity in the workplace by allowing for faster communication and collaboration among team members. It also enables employees to complete tasks more efficiently, such as online research and file sharing, which can save time and increase overall productivity.

5. Can reliable and fast internet service save me time in online shopping and banking?

Yes, having a reliable and fast internet connection can save you time when performing online shopping and banking tasks. With fast internet speeds, you can browse and complete transactions quickly and without delays, making the overall process more efficient and time-saving.