xawtv with fedora core 4

by maverick280857
Tags: core, fedora, xawtv
maverick280857
Jun19-05, 10:59 PM
P: 1,772
Hi

I have a working Fedora Core 4 system running. I discovered that xawtv is not part of the distribution (I am sure because I installed "Everything"). Perhaps it is not part of everything??

Anyway, I found xawtv for Fedora Core 3 and tried to install it. It gave an error about dependencies...some libraries had not been installed (some of which used to be a standard part of RedHat Linux). I tried getting those as well but it just doesn't work. Does anyone here have experience of getting xawtv up and running on a FC4 system (even FC3 will do if you could please include complete details).

Thanks and cheers,
Vivek
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
dduardo
Jun20-05, 07:57 AM
Emeritus
P: 1,919
I would suggest tvtime. It has a very nice on screen display and is easy to configure.

http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/
maverick280857
Jun20-05, 08:32 PM
Hi dduardo

I've been using TVTime but it has a lot of deficiencies. Firstly, not all channels are recognized despite deep search. Secondly, the quality of some channels isn't too good. So I think it would be worth it to try xawtv....

Cheers
Vivek

dduardo
Jun20-05, 08:37 PM
Emeritus
P: 1,919

xawtv with fedora core 4

Trust me, i've tried xawtv and tvtime is much better. I don't know why some channels aren't being recognized. It must be your tuner card. Also, try playing around with the interlacer settings.
maverick280857
Jun21-05, 04:31 AM
Hi again...

Well I'll see if I can tweak it a bit more.

I have a Pinnacle PCTV Pro card (doubt if you've heard of it...its specifically an Indian model though I reckon the chip is almost the same).

Cheers
Vivek
TenaliRaman
Jun26-05, 02:10 PM
P: 646
I just simply yum these days.If i am not wrong xawtv maybe found in the dag repo.

-- AI

Register to reply