Xawtv with fedora core 4

by maverick280857
Tags: core, fedora, xawtv
Share this thread:
maverick280857
Jun19-05, 10:59 PM
P: 1,780
Hi

I have a working Fedora Core 4 system running. I discovered that xawtv is not part of the distribution (I am sure because I installed "Everything"). Perhaps it is not part of everything??

Anyway, I found xawtv for Fedora Core 3 and tried to install it. It gave an error about dependencies...some libraries had not been installed (some of which used to be a standard part of RedHat Linux). I tried getting those as well but it just doesn't work. Does anyone here have experience of getting xawtv up and running on a FC4 system (even FC3 will do if you could please include complete details).

Thanks and cheers,
Vivek
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
What lit up the universe?
Sheepdogs use just two simple rules to round up large herds of sheep
Animals first flex their muscles
dduardo
Jun20-05, 07:57 AM
Emeritus
P: 1,919
I would suggest tvtime. It has a very nice on screen display and is easy to configure.

http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/
maverick280857
Jun20-05, 08:32 PM
Hi dduardo

I've been using TVTime but it has a lot of deficiencies. Firstly, not all channels are recognized despite deep search. Secondly, the quality of some channels isn't too good. So I think it would be worth it to try xawtv....

Cheers
Vivek

dduardo
Jun20-05, 08:37 PM
Emeritus
P: 1,919
Xawtv with fedora core 4

Trust me, i've tried xawtv and tvtime is much better. I don't know why some channels aren't being recognized. It must be your tuner card. Also, try playing around with the interlacer settings.
maverick280857
Jun21-05, 04:31 AM
Hi again...

Well I'll see if I can tweak it a bit more.

I have a Pinnacle PCTV Pro card (doubt if you've heard of it...its specifically an Indian model though I reckon the chip is almost the same).

Cheers
Vivek
TenaliRaman
Jun26-05, 02:10 PM
P: 646
I just simply yum these days.If i am not wrong xawtv maybe found in the dag repo.

-- AI

Register to reply