Getting Started with Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT)

In summary: You can also use magnetic fields to excite the coil, set up fields in Maxwell 3D (in 'fields' tab -> add -> external -> select your coil).I hope this helps, if not feel free to ask more questions.Thanks in advance!Hello, I need help with a problem with my electromagnetic simulation. I have successfully created a model of a coil, with 5 layers and 354 turns, but when I try to simulate the coil, I get the following message: "There is no solution data to display". I have tried five times to run the simulation, and the results are always the same. I am using Maxwell 13 for 3D modeling. Can you help me?
Hi friends,
I am designing a 3D model of a one-phase core-type transformer in ANSOFT MAXWELL 16.0. I have a big problem in winding's excitation.

In my transformer:
N1=turns of High Voltage Winding = 88 turns (44 turns in 2 layers that every layer including 2 parallel tape),
N2=turns of Low Voltage Winding = 46 turns (46 turns in 1 layers that every layer including 4 parallel tape),

My questions are:

Q1: For External excitation, I do not know: what is "Number of parallel branches" in my design?

Q2: In assign excitation ----> coil terminal excitation, What is the "Number of conductors" in my design?

THANKS A LOT all.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
comet said:
Hi friends,
I am designing a 3D model of a one-phase core-type transformer in ANSOFT MAXWELL 16.0. I have a big problem in winding's excitation.

In my transformer:
N1=turns of High Voltage Winding = 88 turns (44 turns in 2 layers that every layer including 2 parallel tape),
N2=turns of Low Voltage Winding = 46 turns (46 turns in 1 layers that every layer including 4 parallel tape),

My questions are:

Q1: For External excitation, I do not know: what is "Number of parallel branches" in my design?

Q2: In assign excitation ----> coil terminal excitation, What is the "Number of conductors" in my design?

THANKS A LOT all.

Hi
I believe you have to set conductor in primery 176 and nubmber of parallel branches 2.
And in secondary number of branchea 4 abd 184 conductor

Or ignore parallel branches and set 88, 1 , 46,1 respectively and just consider the true resistance for parallel coils .
Dear all . If I can help you on ansys maxwell specially on rotational machines please contact me on whatsapp or telwgram with +989379371182

zand1000 said:
Hi
I believe you have to set conductor in primery 176 and nubmber of parallel branches 2.
And in secondary number of branchea 4 abd 184 conductor

Or ignore parallel branches and set 88, 1 , 46,1 respectively and just consider the true resistance for parallel coils .
Dear all . If I can help you on ansys maxwell specially on rotational machines please contact me on whatsapp or telwgram with +989379371182
Thanks a lot.
For "consider the true resistance for parallel coils", If I select the material of winding (such as: copper) in maxwell, It is enough?
or I should be add a resistor in external circuit?

Fuxue Jin said:
Menu Maxwell Circuit -> Export Netlist

Hi Dear,
In my transformer:
My questions are:
THANKS A LOT.

HamidMazaheri said:
Hello every buddy.
I've modeled a linear induction motor in Maxwell3D. Selecting the "Translation Motion Type" in "Motion Setup", I face the following set of errors:
Maxwell3DDesign1 (Transient)
[error] Invalid moving objects. All moving objects inside band must form single connected region. (2:36:21 PM Nov 14, 2016)
[error] Motion setup (geometry) is not valid. (2:36:21 PM Nov 14, 2016)

These errors occur only in translation motion.
I'll be grateful if anyone helps me.
Hi. I also faced the same problem with you. Can i know did you solved your problem because i am new in translation motion type. If you already solved the problem, may I know what are the solutions that you made. I'm so grateful if you can help me because i really don't have any idea on how to solve it. Thank you in advance

aishahzuki said:
Hi. I also faced the same problem with you. Can i know did you solved your problem because i am new in translation motion type. If you already solved the problem, may I know what are the solutions that you made. I'm so grateful if you can help me because i really don't have any idea on how to solve it. Thank you in advance

[error] Invalid moving objects. All moving objects inside band must form single connected region. (2:36:21 PM Nov 14, 2016)
This means, that moving/rotating element must be contained in single element i.e. rotor must be contained in a circle slightly larger than rotor outer diameter (circle for 2D simulation, obviously). Example: in case of a induction motor when rotor has outer diameter of 100 mm while stator has inner diameter of 102 mm you need to draw a circle (in case of 2D sim.) of 101 mm (centered with rotor).

<h2>1. What is Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT)?</h2><p>Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT) is a software package developed by ANSYS Inc. that is used for electromagnetic field simulation. It allows users to analyze and design various electrical and electronic systems, such as motors, transformers, and sensors.</p><h2>2. How do I install Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT)?</h2><p>To install Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT), you will need to purchase a license from ANSYS Inc. Once you have the license, you can download the software from their website and follow the installation instructions provided. Make sure your computer meets the system requirements before installing.</p><h2>3. What are the key features of Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT)?</h2><p>Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT) has many features that make it a powerful tool for electromagnetic field simulation. Some of the key features include 3D modeling capabilities, advanced material properties, automatic meshing, and a variety of solvers for different types of simulations.</p><h2>4. Can I import CAD files into Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT)?</h2><p>Yes, Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT) supports the import of CAD files in various formats, such as STEP, IGES, and SAT. This allows users to easily import their existing designs into the software for further analysis and optimization.</p><h2>5. Is there a free trial version of Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT) available?</h2><p>Yes, ANSYS Inc. offers a free trial version of Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT) for a limited period of time. This allows users to test out the software and its features before making a purchase. You can download the trial version from their website and request a trial license key.</p>

1. What is Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT)?

Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT) is a software package developed by ANSYS Inc. that is used for electromagnetic field simulation. It allows users to analyze and design various electrical and electronic systems, such as motors, transformers, and sensors.

2. How do I install Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT)?

To install Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT), you will need to purchase a license from ANSYS Inc. Once you have the license, you can download the software from their website and follow the installation instructions provided. Make sure your computer meets the system requirements before installing.

3. What are the key features of Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT)?

Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT) has many features that make it a powerful tool for electromagnetic field simulation. Some of the key features include 3D modeling capabilities, advanced material properties, automatic meshing, and a variety of solvers for different types of simulations.

4. Can I import CAD files into Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT)?

Yes, Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT) supports the import of CAD files in various formats, such as STEP, IGES, and SAT. This allows users to easily import their existing designs into the software for further analysis and optimization.

5. Is there a free trial version of Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT) available?

Yes, ANSYS Inc. offers a free trial version of Maxwell 3D (ANSOFT) for a limited period of time. This allows users to test out the software and its features before making a purchase. You can download the trial version from their website and request a trial license key.