ANSYS Element Type for Stress Analysis of Protection Windows

In summary, the person is experiencing errors while trying to mesh a solid protection window for stress analysis in ANSYS. They are asking for advice on which element type to use and whether they need to create nodes or not. The responder suggests that the person may not have enough knowledge to handle this complex problem and advises them to go through the manual and tutorials before attempting it.
001fj
Hello,

I have to do stress analysis on a protection window at work but I am getting errors when meshing in ANSYS because of the element type I am choosing. The window is of course is a solid and is a wide, thin sheet. What Element Type should I use?

Also, do I need to create nodes or not? Can I just create a volume right away without creating nodes then connecting them to create an area/volume? (Sorry, I am new to this.)

Thanks a lot and I am looking forward to your replies.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You may be in a little over your head. Protection window tells me that you're going to try and do some sort of impact problem. Having no knowledge of basic ANSYS commands and techniques, I'd say that this is a bad idea.

Spend a month or so going through the manual and tutorials before trying to take on a (what is more than likely an LS-DYNA problem anyways) complex problem such as this.

What is ANSYS Element Type for Stress Analysis of Protection Windows?

ANSYS Element Type for Stress Analysis of Protection Windows is a finite element analysis tool used to simulate and analyze stress and deformation in protection windows under various loading conditions.

How does ANSYS Element Type for Stress Analysis of Protection Windows work?

ANSYS Element Type for Stress Analysis of Protection Windows uses the finite element method to break down the protection window into small elements and solve for stress and strain at each element. These results are then combined to give an overall picture of stress and deformation in the window.

What types of protection windows can be analyzed using ANSYS Element Type for Stress Analysis?

ANSYS Element Type for Stress Analysis can be used for a variety of protection windows such as bulletproof glass, blast-resistant windows, and hurricane-proof windows.

What are the advantages of using ANSYS Element Type for Stress Analysis of Protection Windows?

ANSYS Element Type offers a highly accurate and efficient way to analyze stress and deformation in protection windows. It also allows for the simulation of different loading conditions, making it a versatile tool for design and optimization.

What are some limitations of ANSYS Element Type for Stress Analysis of Protection Windows?

ANSYS Element Type is a computer-based simulation tool and may not always accurately reflect real-world conditions. It also requires a certain level of expertise to use effectively and may be limited by the accuracy of the input data.