What are some recommended Cosmology books?

In summary, the conversation revolved around recommendations for good books on Cosmology. The suggestions given were "Once Before Time" for loop quantum cosmology, "Many Worlds in One" by Vilenkin, "Cosmic Jackpot" by Davies, and "The Inflationary Universe" by Guth. Additionally, "Introduction to Modern Cosmology" by Liddle was mentioned as a readable option with some math included. The individual thanked for the input and expressed their excitement for ordering "The Inflationary Universe".
The Lobster
Hello,
Has anyone read any good or interesting Cosmology books lately?
Thanks

Space news on Phys.org
"Once Before Time" maybe the only layman's guide to loop quantum cosmology.

For popular books, I suggest:

a) Many Worlds in One: The Search for Other Universes by Vilenkin
b) Cosmic Jackpot by Davies
c) The Inflationary Universe by Guth

There are hundreds of other good ones, but these are a few of my favorite that I read cover-to-cover.

The most readable one with some of the math in my opinion is Introduction to Modern Cosmology by Liddle.

Thanks for the input!

Cool, thanks for the tips.

I just ordered The Inflationary Universe by Guth, I can't wait!

1. What is cosmology?

Cosmology is the study of the origin, evolution, and structure of the universe as a whole. It combines principles from physics, astronomy, and mathematics to understand the nature and behavior of the universe on a large scale.

2. What makes a cosmology book interesting?

An interesting cosmology book should be well-written and engaging, with clear explanations of complex concepts and theories. It should also present new or thought-provoking ideas about the nature of the universe, and include relevant historical and cultural perspectives.

3. What are some popular cosmology books?

Some popular cosmology books include "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan, "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene, "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, and "The Universe in a Nutshell" by Stephen Hawking.

4. Are there any cosmology books for beginners?

Yes, there are many cosmology books written specifically for beginners. Some recommended titles include "Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction" by Peter Coles, "The Little Book of Cosmology" by Lyman Page, and "The Story of the Universe" by Peter Aughton.

5. Can I learn about cosmology without a background in science?

Yes, there are many cosmology books that are accessible to those without a background in science. These books use clear and simple language to explain complex concepts and can be a great starting point for beginners interested in learning about cosmology.