ERT: How Do I Stop Receiving Email Notifications from Threads I've Posted In?

• Thread starter trollcast
  • Start date
In summary, to stop receiving email notifications completely, you must manually unsubscribe from your threads by going to 'My PF' --> 'Subscribed Threads' --> 'List Subscriptions' and changing the notification settings to 'No email notifications'."
trollcast
Gold Member
I've changed the option in my options under profile to "no email notification" but I'm still get emails about some threads I've posted in?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes. Changing your settings to "no notifications" just means that you won't get notifications from the new threads you post in now. But you might still get emails from older threads.

To stop email notifications completely, you need to unsubcribe manually from your threads. Got to "My PF" --> "Subscribed Threads" --> "List Subscriptions". Then you need to change notification of your threads to "No email notifications".

micromass said:
Yes. Changing your settings to "no notifications" just means that you won't get notifications from the new threads you post in now. But you might still get emails from older threads.

To stop email notifications completely, you need to unsubcribe manually from your threads. Got to "My PF" --> "Subscribed Threads" --> "List Subscriptions". Then you need to change notification of your threads to "No email notifications".

Thanks micro!

AL

1. What are the benefits of stopping email subscriptions?

Stopping email subscriptions can help reduce the clutter in your inbox, save you time from constantly deleting unwanted emails, and decrease the risk of falling for phishing scams or malware.

2. How can I stop receiving email subscriptions?

To stop receiving email subscriptions, you can either click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email, or you can go to the website where you originally subscribed and change your email preferences to opt out of receiving emails.

3. Will I still receive emails from the company after unsubscribing?

In most cases, unsubscribing from email subscriptions means that you will no longer receive emails from the company. However, some companies may still send you transactional emails, such as order confirmations or important updates, even after unsubscribing from marketing emails.

4. Is it better to mark emails as spam or unsubscribe?

It is generally more effective and ethical to unsubscribe from email subscriptions rather than marking them as spam. Marking emails as spam can hurt the company's email reputation and may result in important emails being sent to your spam folder.

5. Will unsubscribing from email subscriptions affect my account with the company?

Unsubscribing from email subscriptions should not affect your account with the company. However, if you are concerned, you can always contact the company directly to confirm that your account will not be affected.