What songs are you listening now?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary: I was hoping Evo's "Nowhere as catchy as this one of course" was going to lead into a link to the video... :uhh:In summary, the conversation covers a variety of music genres and artists, including Hotel California by Eagles, Kyuss, Gorillaz, Rancid, Velvet Revolver, 12 Skin Carrot, Anti-Flag, Shostakovich, Seven Ascended Masters, Pearl Jam, and various other songs and albums. The participants also discuss their memories and experiences associated with these songs and artists.
Lisa!
Gold Member
Hotel California- Eagles :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
Kyuss- Blues for the Red Sun (that's the album. Don't know the track names.)
Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to be a stoner to enjoy this music.

Feel good Inc by Gorillaz (they rock :cool: )

Rancid- "Radio, Radio, Radio"

Velvet revolver - Big Machine

"I'm Not Fat" by 12 Skin Carrot
Now that's finished, so "If There's One Thing I Can't Stand, It's Up" by the same.

Anti-Flag - Mind the Gatt

Shostakovich - piano concerto no 2

"A cup of tea and a nice sit down" by Seven Ascended Masters.

Pearl jam- Garden.

wolram said:
http://198.62.75.1/www2/cantgreg/missa_dominica_in_palmis.html

This new group, have a listen every one is raving about them.
That was sublimely awful.

http://www.silentzone.co.uk.now-net.net/thusspakealbum.htm

Take a listen to Nice Sit Down and Ungrumpling.

http://www.silentzone.co.uk if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Polly Wolly Doodle (author unknown).

You don't think that indicates I have a problem, do you? :frown:

matthyaouw said:
Kyuss- Blues for the Red Sun (that's the album. Don't know the track names.)
Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to be a stoner to enjoy this music.

Of course you don't...only twats try and tell you that.:smile:

Now Playing:

Prong - Avoid Promises

Jewish Town - John Williams, performed by Itzhak Rabin (from the Schindler's List soundtrack)

The Notorious B.I.G. - Me & My B*tch (Listening to Ready to Die straight through).

The Millionaire Waltz by Queen; listening to A Day at the Races. I don't have anyone to waltz with. :frown: But maybe it's best since I never got past the box step...

I'm listening to The Beatles on the radio. Don't know hte name of the song but it goes something like "Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64?" It's got a real doopydoo kind of beat to it and I'm envisioning Smurf dancing down the street in his white tuxedo and top hat. That's odd because I would think that image would be accompanied by New York, New York. Sorry Smurf.

Huckleberry said:
I'm listening to The Beatles on the radio. Don't know hte name of the song but it goes something like "Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64?" It's got a real doopydoo kind of beat to it and I'm envisioning Smurf dancing down the street in his white tuxedo and top hat. That's odd because I would think that image would be accompanied by New York, New York. Sorry Smurf.
Crazily enough, that song is titled: When I'm 64

Hopefully when I'm 64 there will be something better on the radio.

Huckleberry said:

I remember singing that when I was about 8. I had the most half assed teacher ever, and all we seemed to do was sing while he played guitar, and play rounders (like baseball). It's a wonder I left that class with an education at all. :biggrin:

drink and fight- flogging molly

1 said:
drink and fight- flogging molly

Great Song! Great Band!
I will have to dig them up now.

"Wagon Wheel" by Old Crow Medicine Show. The band and the song make me remember summers as a kid up at my grandparents cabin. My grandparents would take us down to the local bars- where a bunch of locals who were old mountain folk (or their parents were) from the appalacians who had moved to northern wisconsin to work in the mines. They would play mountain string music and bluegrass. Very cool.

Bach Chaconne in D minor for Piano.

The..greatest..piece EVER.

Bladibla said:
Bach Chaconne in D minor for Piano.

The..greatest..piece EVER.
Aqua's "Barbie Girl" is better..

Runs and hides..

arildno said:

Runs and hides..

You just can't say that :devil: . The Chaconne just beats any piece that ever existed, hands down. The only masterpiece coming even close to it is the WTC by bach again.

Bladibla said:
You just can't say that :devil: .
I can if I want to, in a world of plastic; it's just fantastic.

arildno said:
I can if I want to, in a world of plastic; it's just fantastic.

http://www.mangore.com/chaco.html

Click on 'play', and then you will see the divine light.

arildno said:

Runs and hides..

I suddenly have this visual of arildno as the guy from this video with the crazy facial hair and expressions... ahhhhhhhh!

That song is oddly catchy which is just wrong!

Norman said:
I suddenly have this visual of arildno as the guy from this video with the crazy facial hair and expressions... ahhhhhhhh!

That song is oddly catchy which is just wrong!
Nowhere as catchy as this one of course:
catchytune