Installing a new Program on my computer

In summary, a user is having trouble installing a Texas Instrument graphing calculator program on their computer. They receive an error message stating that the driver file cannot be copied to their Windows directory, potentially due to a full disk. They are unsure of what to do and ask for help. Another user suggests trying to defrag the computer and gives instructions on how to install the program as an administrator if that doesn't work. The original user successfully installs the program but is having trouble figuring out how to use it. They ask for guidance and the conversation shifts to discussing different TI programs and the compatibility of the program with Windows XP. One user suggests typing in "reformat c:\\" as a potential solution to any computer problems.
Tido611
ok I am trying to instal a texas intrument graphing calc program to my comp and it is giving me trouble it won't even let me open it, it says

"unable to copy the driver fileC:\WINDOWS\xobglu16dll to your windows directory.

Your disk maybe full"

not sure what this means please help...

Computer science news on Phys.org
Have you tried defragging your computer?

no i haven't and i also forget what that is , quick explanation please...?(and how)

Log onto your computer as an administrator and try to install it. If it still doesn't work, copy over Xobglu16.dll and Xobglu32.dll from the CD to your Windows folder and right-click each, click Properties, and change them both to read-only. After that, try installing the program again.

Last edited:
ok thanks ill try that and get back to you guys

haha it worked thanks a lot component!

You're welcome! :)

ok i installed it but i can't really figure out how to use it:(

anyone know how to work these or a thread on the topic (i searched already came up with nothing)

ok which TI program are you referring to? TI Connect in general is very direct and simple to use.

im using connect but I am also using graph link

Last edited:
Which TI calculator do you have?

Typing in something like "reformat c:\\" should fix most any problem you have.

Mk said:

and anything else on your computer.

Mk said:
and everyone says I'm insensitive and cruel.

im using a ti-83+ but it is also true that winXP doesn't support this program??

1. How do I install a new program on my computer?

To install a new program on your computer, you will need to download the program installation file from a trusted source, such as the official website of the program. Once the file is downloaded, double click on it to start the installation process. Follow the prompts and instructions provided by the installation wizard to complete the installation.

2. Can I install multiple programs at the same time?

Yes, you can install multiple programs at the same time. However, it is recommended to only install one program at a time to avoid any potential conflicts or errors during the installation process.

3. Do I need to restart my computer after installing a new program?

In most cases, you do not need to restart your computer after installing a new program. However, some programs may require a restart for the changes to take effect. If this is the case, the installation wizard will prompt you to restart your computer.

4. How do I know if the program has been successfully installed?

Once the installation process is complete, the installation wizard will typically display a message confirming that the program has been successfully installed. You can also check the list of installed programs on your computer to see if the program appears on the list.

5. Can I uninstall the program if I no longer need it?

Yes, you can uninstall the program if you no longer need it. To uninstall a program, go to the Control Panel on your computer and select "Uninstall a program". Find the program you want to remove from the list and click on "Uninstall". Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.