Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here

• Thread starter brmath
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about how to properly use quotes in a forum thread. The first person is wondering why their quote symbols disappear when they start a new answer. The second person explains that this is intentional in order to avoid too many nested quotes. They suggest using the quote buttons or manually typing quote tags to properly quote other posts in the thread.
brmath
Hi,

I see everyone is quoting away. But when I start a new answer all the quote symbols disappear from the previous answers in the thread. How do i do this?

Physics news on Phys.org
That's for a purpose - we don't want too many nested quotes as way too often people quote everything without paying attention to what they quote. You can insert nested quotes manually, using [noparse][/noparse] tags.

brmath said:
Hi,

I see everyone is quoting away. But when I start a new answer all the quote symbols disappear from the previous answers in the thread. How do i do this?

How did you "start a new answer"? Did you use the QUOTE button to start your response? Or did you hit NEW REPLY?

Zz.

Click the "quote" buttons instead of "new reply" if you want to reply to a specific post. You can quote multiple posts with the speech bubble "M" next to the quote button.

Alternatively, the advanced version: Type quote tags manually.
[noparse]
SomeUsername said:
Quote with username
[/noparse] becomes
SomeUsername said:
Quote with username

[noparse]
SomeUsername said:
Quote with username and link to post 4516503
[/noparse] becomes
SomeUsername said:
Quote with username and link to post 4516503

What is "Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here"?

"Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here" is a platform where individuals can ask questions and receive answers about quotes from various sources such as books, speeches, and famous individuals.

Who can use "Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here"?

Anyone can use "Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here", whether you are a student, researcher, or simply curious about a specific quote. The platform is open to anyone who is seeking answers about quotes.

How do I ask a question on "Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here"?

To ask a question on "Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here", simply click on the "Ask a Question" button and type in your question. It is recommended to be specific and provide as much context as possible to get accurate answers.

Are the answers on "Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here" reliable?

The answers on "Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here" are provided by a community of users who have knowledge and expertise in various fields. While the platform strives to provide accurate information, it is always recommended to fact-check the answers and do further research if needed.

Can I answer questions on "Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here"?

Yes, "Help with Quotes: Get Answers Here" encourages users to share their knowledge and answers with others. You can browse the questions and provide your own answers if you have the expertise and knowledge about the specific quote being asked about.