What is the location of servers for IP 209.216.39.149?

• Thread starter IwillBeGood
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses ways to determine the location of servers with an IP address of 209.216.39.149. The suggested methods include pinging, tracert, and using an IP lookup tool. However, none of these methods were successful. A website called visualroute.visualware.com was suggested as a better option, which revealed that the IP address is owned by Zing.com in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. A link to another site, ws.arin.net/whois, was also provided for additional information.
IwillBeGood
With an IP 209.216.39.149
How can I know it location of servers ?

Thank you

Computer science news on Phys.org
I tried pinging it, got nothing.
I tried tracert, got nothing.
I tried IP Lookup, got nothing.

To ping: open a DOS prompt, type ping <the IP>
To tracert: open a DOS prompt, type tracert <the IP>
To IP Lookup: Google IP Lookup, enter <the IP>

Last edited:
Just entering the address into Google reveals the address is owned by Zing.com, based in Louisville, Kentucky, USA.

IwillBeGood said:
With an IP 209.216.39.149
How can I know it location of servers ?

Thank you

This site gives a pretty good description also:
http://ws.arin.net/whois/"

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: What is the location of servers for IP 209.216.39.149?

What is IP?

IP stands for Internet Protocol. It is a set of rules that govern the communication between devices on a network, such as the internet. It allows devices to send and receive data packets, which contain information such as the source and destination of the data.

Why is it important to learn about IP?

Learning about IP is important because it is the backbone of the internet and is essential for understanding how data is transmitted and received. It also allows individuals to troubleshoot network issues and ensure secure communication between devices.

What are the different types of IP addresses?

There are two types of IP addresses: IPv4 and IPv6. IPv4 addresses are 32-bit numbers, separated by periods, that identify a specific device on a network. IPv6 addresses are 128-bit numbers, separated by colons, and are used to accommodate the growing number of devices connected to the internet.

How do I find my IP address?

To find your IP address, you can use the command prompt on a Windows computer or the terminal on a Mac. Type "ipconfig" on a Windows computer or "ifconfig" on a Mac, and your IP address will be listed under the "IPv4 Address" or "inet" section, respectively.

What is the difference between a public IP address and a private IP address?

A public IP address is assigned to a device by the internet service provider and is visible to other devices on the internet. A private IP address is assigned to a device by a local network and is only visible to other devices on that same network. Private IP addresses are used to keep internal network traffic separate from external internet traffic.

Back