Find how many solutions this ln polinomial equation has

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ln
In summary, the solutions to an ln polynomial equation can be found by setting the equation equal to 0 and using algebraic methods. An ln polynomial equation can have multiple solutions and the solutions will be real numbers if no imaginary numbers are involved. There is no limit to the number of solutions an ln polynomial equation can have, and technology can be used to find the solutions.
transgalactic
[tex]
2x^3lnx+x^2-4x+a=0
[/tex]
i thought of building a taylor series around 0 for ln
but ln(0) is undefined

??

Physics news on Phys.org
I would find how many max min it has then knowing the each max min position I can determine the number of solutions.
Take care of the x= 0 too.

1. How do I find the solutions to an ln polynomial equation?

The solutions to an ln polynomial equation can be found by setting the equation equal to 0 and then using algebraic methods such as factoring or the quadratic formula to solve for the variable.

2. Can an ln polynomial equation have more than one solution?

Yes, an ln polynomial equation can have multiple solutions. This is because the ln function is a one-to-one function, meaning that each input has a unique output. Therefore, there can be multiple inputs (or values of the variable) that result in the same output of 0 for the equation.

3. How do I know if the solutions to an ln polynomial equation are real numbers?

The solutions to an ln polynomial equation will be real numbers if the equation can be solved using algebraic methods without involving imaginary numbers (such as the square root of a negative number). However, if the equation involves logarithms with a negative argument, there may be no real solutions.

4. Is there a limit to the number of solutions an ln polynomial equation can have?

There is no limit to the number of solutions an ln polynomial equation can have. The number of solutions depends on the degree of the polynomial and the complexity of the equation. It is possible for an ln polynomial equation to have an infinite number of solutions.

5. Can technology be used to find the solutions to an ln polynomial equation?

Yes, technology such as graphing calculators or computer software can be used to find the solutions to an ln polynomial equation. These tools can graph the equation and estimate the solutions, or they can use numerical methods to find more accurate solutions.