Solve Basic Electricals & Electronics Control Problems

In summary, the conversation is about two electrical circuit problems. The first problem asks to calculate the voltage across a 2Ω resistor in a given circuit. The second problem asks to calculate the Thevenin's equivalent resistance across terminals A and B in another given circuit. The conversation also mentions the importance of understanding the subject and mentions the names of engineers who have contributed to the use of Thevenin's and Norton's equivalent circuits. The person who started the conversation eventually found the answers on their own after several attempts.
rockknroll

Homework Statement

Problem:1→In FOLLOWING CIRCUIT CALCULATE VOLTAGE ACROSS 2Ω RESISTOR
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/dvnne.jpg

Problem:2→CALCULATE THEVENIN'S EQUIVALENT RESISTANCE ACROSS TERMINAL 'A'&'B' FOR FOLLOWING CIRCUIT
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/6zuj4.jpg

This is General Basic Electricals and electronics control problem..Please help me to solve this..

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think the homework helpers are going to help you bro cause you didnt try doing it yourself

zonedestruct said:
I don't think the homework helpers are going to help you bro cause you didnt try doing it yourself
That's Right! First Try to Under stand the subject.

Thevenin was a telegraph Engineer,and learned from Helmholtz about Equivalent/Source Impedence and Equvalent Battery for any complex circuits,and used it.

Since then we are all using it,and even computers know to use it,but not like humen.

The humen who can use it and also the Nortons Equvalent circuits are called Electrical/Circuit Engineers.

zonedestruct said:
I got my answers...on my own attempts..and yes one thing need to mention ..as I am new to this forum so I don't know What's the thing I have to post in thread that's why I posted only problems.Before posting this thread I attempts it 6 times..but on paper and I forget to post necessry formulae and attempts..:)

tapasbhattach said:
That's Right! First Try to Under stand the subject.

Thevenin was a telegraph Engineer,and learned from Helmholtz about Equivalent/Source Impedence and Equvalent Battery for any complex circuits,and used it.

Since then we are all using it,and even computers know to use it,but not like humen.

The humen who can use it and also the Nortons Equvalent circuits are called Electrical/Circuit Engineers.
I got my answers...on my own attempts..and yes one thing need to mention ..as I am new to this forum so I don't know What's the thing I have to post in thread that's why I posted only problems.Before posting this thread I attempts it 6 times..but on paper and I forget to post necessry formulae and attempts..:)

1. What are the basic electrical components used in control systems?

The basic electrical components used in control systems include resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors, and operational amplifiers. These components are used to control the flow of electricity and to manipulate signals in electronic circuits.

2. How can I troubleshoot a control problem in an electrical system?

To troubleshoot a control problem in an electrical system, start by checking all connections and making sure they are secure. Then, use a multimeter to test for continuity and voltage in different parts of the circuit. If there are any faulty components, replace them. It is also important to check for any loose or damaged wires.

3. How do I calculate the power consumption of an electrical control system?

The power consumption of an electrical control system can be calculated by multiplying the voltage by the current. This value will give you the power in watts. To calculate the total power consumption of the system, add up the power consumption of each individual component.

4. What is the difference between open loop and closed loop control systems?

In an open loop control system, the output does not affect the input, whereas in a closed loop control system, the output is used to adjust the input. Closed loop systems are more accurate and efficient as they can correct for any errors in the output.

5. How can I protect an electrical control system from power surges?

To protect an electrical control system from power surges, use surge protectors or voltage regulators. These devices can detect and suppress any spikes in voltage, preventing damage to the system. It is also important to properly ground the system and use high-quality components to minimize the risk of power surges.