Build a robot for physics class

In summary, the group is planning to build a RC car with an LED heart on top for their physics class project. They are seeking guidance on what materials are needed and the steps involved in building the car. One member suggests using a basic stamp micro controller from their previous sumo bot project and shares a helpful document. Another suggests using cheap remote control cars from the dollar store for parts.
darthchocobo
Ok, so I am spose to build a robot for physics class as the last project.
Me and my friends thought we should build a RC car with an LED heart on the top. THe problem is we are in need of direction. Does anybody know what is needed and what needs to be done to build a small RC car? If so please reply.

So far I have:
Basic stamp micro controller from my sumo bot

Computer science news on Phys.org
Heres a two part document:
http://www.blogcadre.com/blog/jason_striegel/howto_make_a_robot_car_-_part_1_overview_2005_10_25_13_22_21

If you need specific help with the H-bridge (or LED circuits) post in the electrical engineering forums.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'me building a robot right now and its not that hard.Just go to the dollar store and buy some crappy remote conrol cars there.Use the engies to make it move << extra comment removed by berkeman >>

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What materials do I need to build a robot for physics class?

To build a robot for physics class, you will need materials such as motors, sensors, a microcontroller, wires, batteries, and various mechanical parts like gears and wheels. You may also need tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, and wire cutters.

2. Do I need prior experience in robotics to build a robot for physics class?

No, prior experience in robotics is not necessary to build a robot for physics class. However, it may be helpful to have some basic knowledge of electronics and programming.

3. How much time does it take to build a robot for physics class?

The time it takes to build a robot for physics class can vary depending on the complexity of the robot and your level of experience. It could take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to complete the project.

4. Can I use a kit to build a robot for physics class?

Yes, there are many robotics kits available that can be used to build a robot for physics class. These kits usually include all the necessary materials and instructions to build a basic robot.

5. What concepts can I learn by building a robot for physics class?

By building a robot for physics class, you can learn about various concepts such as mechanics, electronics, programming, and sensors. You can also learn about how these concepts are applied in real-life applications such as robotics and automation.