Parking Aid Circuit Not Working

• Thread starter nee101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, the conversation discusses troubleshooting a circuit that is not producing any response when voltage is applied. The suggestions include checking connections, using a camera to check the IR LED, and verifying correct voltage and components. The possibility of a battery connection issue is also mentioned.
nee101
Hi there I've been working on circuit & I've done a continuity test and ran voltage through my circuit and nothing has happened. None of the diodes light up when I move the photo diode and the infrared diode. Can anyone tell me what I should do ? I've attached the files so you can see. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• parking aid.jpg
    parking aid.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_20140404_222956.jpg
    IMG_20140404_222956.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_20140404_223008.jpg
    IMG_20140404_223008.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 417
Engineering news on Phys.org
nee101 said:
Can anyone tell me what I should do ?
Check the individual parts.

* Does the IR LED light up? A camera should be able to see most IR LEDs.
* Do all connections work properly? Do you have the right pieces everywhere? Do you apply the correct voltage to the setup?
* Do you see any response at the first op amp output if you change the light level of the photodiode? How far does this response propagate?

The only thing I can make out on the last picture is that the top is the negative rail and the bottom is the positive rail. Or on the second picture, the top rail is positive and the bottom is negative.

Perhaps your battery snap is connected incorrectly.
A 9v battery has the circular terminal as the positive and the broken hex as the negative.
From picture 2, the snap seems to have that reversed when it is connected to the battery.

The IR LED isn't supposed to light up, I've done a continuity test to check connections, I've clear any solder that has split over to other tracks. Then I powered the circuit at 9 volts and there isn't a voltage drop in the circuit. So I'm not sure what's wrong with it. as for the battery port it was loose so I did re-solder it.

nee101 said:
The IR LED isn't supposed to light up
Then why do you expect any result if you move it around?

1. What is a parking aid circuit?

A parking aid circuit is a system in a vehicle that helps the driver park by providing visual or audible cues to indicate the distance between the vehicle and obstacles.

2. Why is my parking aid circuit not working?

There could be several reasons why your parking aid circuit is not working. It could be due to a blown fuse, a malfunctioning sensor, or a wiring issue. It is best to have a professional diagnose and repair the issue.

3. Can I still park safely without a working parking aid circuit?

While a parking aid circuit can be a helpful tool, it is not necessary for safe parking. It is important to develop good parking skills and always use caution when parking, even with a working parking aid circuit.

4. How can I maintain my parking aid circuit?

To maintain your parking aid circuit, it is important to regularly clean the sensors and ensure they are not obstructed by dirt or debris. It is also important to have the circuit checked and calibrated by a professional during routine vehicle maintenance.

5. Can I replace the parking aid circuit myself?

Replacing a parking aid circuit can be a complex task and is best left to a professional. It requires specialized tools and knowledge to properly install and calibrate the circuit. Attempting to do it yourself could result in further damage to the system.