Which job can i take if i study physics

In summary, there are two main paths to becoming an engineer - studying foundation of engineering after GCSEs or taking A Levels in physics. Some people choose to take A Levels even if they want to become an engineer, and it is not necessary to study foundation of engineering first. However, both options offer similar opportunities and there are no specific jobs that can only be applied for by foundation of engineering students or A Levels physics students. Other potential jobs for A Levels physics students besides engineering include working in the nuclear industry, as a clinical scientist, or in technical areas of engineering such as maintaining and fixing equipment. The specific job opportunities will depend on the individual's interests and career goals within the broad field of engineering.
yahooyahoo
some ppl study foundation of engineering after gcse if they want to beome engineer.but some choose to take A Levels and study physics.why do they still want to study alevels if they want to become engineer?why don't they straight away take foundation of engineering?arent these two the same thing?is there ay job that can't be apply by foundation of engineering students but can be applied be alevels physics student?are there any other jobs can be taken if we study physics in alevels besides engineering?

Physics news on Phys.org
reply PLEASE

yahooyahoo said:
some ppl study foundation of engineering after gcse if they want to beome engineer.but some choose to take A Levels and study physics.why do they still want to study alevels if they want to become engineer?why don't they straight away take foundation of engineering?arent these two the same thing?is there ay job that can't be apply by foundation of engineering students but can be applied be alevels physics student?are there any other jobs can be taken if we study physics in alevels besides engineering?

As far as I can tell both approaches are viable depending into which area you wish to go, there is no difference, it just depends on what you are looking for.

I'm not an authority, but many physics degrees can lead into the Nuclear industry, this is currently much of the jobs I see if you are only looking to go as far as the degree like me. I also work in a medical physics department, so clinical scientist is another job that may well appeal, this involves doing a masters then getting an accreditation and involves all sorts of physics such as MRIs, CT Scans, x-rays, PET-CT, mammograms, 4-D ultrasounds and other procedures, the last experimental work I saw involved a PhD student doing research into ultrasound and bone Imaging to reveal osteoporosis.

Also you can go into the engineering side with a degree or sometimes just A-levels or a HND, and work on x-ray machines,MRIs etc and a more technical than scientific approach. Engineering is an incredibly broad field, you may want to consider pinning down what side of engineering your looking into before asking about what jobs are out there, there are hundreds, I can only speak from my point of view and people who have studied engineering are always welcome where I work in more hands on areas and sometimes in device recall and management in cases of adverse incidents involving electronic devices or as I said in fixing and maintaining equpiment.

1. What career options are available for someone who studies physics?

Studying physics can open up a wide range of career options, including working in research and development, engineering, education, finance, and technology industries.

2. Can I pursue a career in the medical field if I study physics?

Yes, studying physics can lead to careers in the medical field, such as medical physics, radiation therapy, and diagnostic imaging.

3. Are there any job opportunities for physicists in government agencies?

Yes, there are many job opportunities for physicists in government agencies, including working in national laboratories, defense and security agencies, and space exploration programs.

4. Do I need a graduate degree to get a job in physics?

While a graduate degree can certainly enhance your job prospects and open up higher-level positions, there are also many job opportunities for those with a bachelor's degree in physics.

5. Can I use my physics degree to pursue a career in renewable energy?

Yes, studying physics can lead to careers in the rapidly growing field of renewable energy, including solar, wind, and hydro power research and development.