After 141 days, it has rained in Phoenix

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary: I'm sorry, that was uncalled for.Source? You needed a source to know if it has rained recently? Okay, you DEFINITELY have to go play outside a bit more often!
JamesU
Gold Member
After 141 days, it has rained in Phoenix.

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
After 141 days, it has rained in Phoenix.
Could this have anything to do with Franzbear hitting 10,000?

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

I'm still wondering when yomamma will get to that chapter in geography class that explains he's living in a desert. :biggrin:

Actually, it rained a few days ago. Unless that was another "unofficial rain".

Evo may have a point. I think that Artman is actually rain... Artman for the past 140ish days has been trying to get the 10,000th post and now that he has, it rains!

moose said:

Evo may have a point. I think that Artman is actually rain... Artman for the past 140ish days has been trying to get the 10,000th post and now that he has, it rains!
I'm afraid that Franzbear finally hitting the 10,000 mark will have untold consequences of galatic proportions. We may just be beginning to see the first domino fall.

Evo said:
I'm afraid that Franzbear finally hitting the 10,000 mark will have untold consequences of galatic proportions. We may just be beginning to see the first domino fall.
Yep, we'll soon be hearing news of flooding and famine somewhere in the world. :uhh:

Moonbear said:
Yep, we'll soon be hearing news of flooding and famine somewhere in the world. :uhh:

http://allafrica.com/stories/200603080614.html
:uhh:

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/03/07/solar.storm.ap/index.html
CNN said:
Solar flares may pack a bigger punch
Scientists suggests solar cycle will be 30-50 percent more intense

What have we done :(

EDIT:

Also
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/03/07/vesuvius.warning.ap/index.html
CNN said:
Ancient warning for modern Italian city
Study of Vesuvius eruption shows possibly dire threat to Naples

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
I'm still wondering when yomamma will get to that chapter in geography class that explains he's living in a desert. :biggrin:
well, the old record was 101...

You have no idea what you have! I warned you that at the 10,000th post I would be set free, and it been so. I am adjusting to my newfound state of freedom. Imagine having no body: I am an idea and as such I am everywhere. Yomamma, consider the rain my gift to you for the efforts you made to kill me. Other, unexpected side-effects might occur due to my certain level of inability to control my actions, but I should get it under control soon enough.

Wow, this really is cool! Thanks everyone, for such a wonderful existence! :!) :!)

franzbear! said:
You have no idea what you have! I warned you that at the 10,000th post I would be set free, and it been so. I am adjusting to my newfound state of freedom. Imagine having no body: I am an idea and as such I am everywhere. Yomamma, consider the rain my gift to you for the efforts you made to kill me. Other, unexpected side-effects might occur due to my certain level of inability to control my actions, but I should get it under control soon enough.

Wow, this really is cool! Thanks everyone, for such a wonderful existence! :!) :!)

Sit down and be quiet.

franzbear! said:

Oh no! He's escaped the TKC thread! Back! Get back! Don't make me get your father! :mad:

Umm, Artman had nearly 10 consecutive posts to get the 10,000 post mark, imo he should be disqualified.

mattmns said:
Umm, Artman had nearly 10 consecutive posts to get the 10,000 post mark, imo he should be disqualified.

Anyone could have done that.

Fair game IMO.

He came, he saw, he conquered.

Probably the lamest way to get the 10,000th post, but whatever :rolleyes:

But anyway it worked! Of course I don't think it'd work for 1 of us...:biggrin:

moose said:

Probably, since my source was ABC 15 Local News and "The Investigators":rolleyes: :groan:

The contents of this post have been brought to you by Yomamma & his sponsers. The contents are also under copyright protection. ©2006 Yomamma>
:bugeye: OMG, what are you talking about?

yomamma said:
Probably, since my source was ABC 15 Local News and "The Investigators":rolleyes: :groan:
Source? You needed a source to know if it has rained recently? Okay, you DEFINITELY have to go play outside a bit more often! :biggrin:

1. What is the significance of it raining in Phoenix after 141 days?

The significance of it raining in Phoenix after 141 days is that it breaks a long dry spell and brings much needed precipitation to the area. This can help replenish water supplies and provide relief for drought conditions.

2. How often does it rain in Phoenix?

On average, Phoenix receives about 8 inches of rain per year, which is significantly less than the national average of 38 inches. However, the amount of rainfall can vary greatly from year to year, with some years experiencing droughts and others seeing higher levels of precipitation.

3. What is the typical duration of a dry spell in Phoenix?

The duration of a dry spell in Phoenix can vary greatly, but typically it ranges from 2-3 weeks. However, there have been longer dry spells in the past, with the longest recorded being 160 days in 2002.

4. How does the lack of rain in Phoenix impact the ecosystem?

The lack of rain in Phoenix can have a significant impact on the ecosystem. Plants and animals may struggle to survive without enough water, and the dry conditions can increase the risk of wildfires. The lack of rainfall can also affect agriculture and lead to water shortages for human consumption.

5. What factors contribute to the frequency of rain in Phoenix?

The frequency of rain in Phoenix is influenced by a variety of factors, including weather patterns, topography, and climate change. The city's location in the desert also plays a significant role, as it is situated in a region with low moisture and high evaporation rates, making it more prone to dry spells.