Matlab - how to intergrate? + tuition

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter dorikin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, the conversation discusses a request for help with a MATLAB problem, the suggestion of posting in a different section, and the possibility of seeking paid tuition for further assistance. The individual also mentions their need for help with vectorising scripts, complex loops, and PDE potential flows.
dorikin
Hello!

I have posted a MATLAB problem in the homework section but this page seems better placed, although its not for homework? If someone could help me it would be much appreciated!

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=500325

Also, would anyone be able to or does anyone know someone who offers (paid) tuition for matlab?

Sometimes I don't understand the help section so basically I need worked examples to explain them better? Most of my questions are small so I wouldn't want to fill this forum with loads of small questions.

Thank you!

ken

Physics news on Phys.org
hello again,

I think I have the answer now, will post it on the other thread once I've checked it.

But I would still like some tuition, help I need at the moment is how to vectorise scripts, making 'complex' loops and how to do PDE potential flows

thanks ken

Related to Matlab - how to intergrate? + tuition

What is Matlab?

Matlab is a programming language that is commonly used for numerical computing and data analysis. It is often used in scientific and engineering fields for tasks such as data visualization, statistical analysis, and simulation.

What is integration in Matlab?

In Matlab, integration refers to the process of computing definite or indefinite integrals of mathematical functions. It is commonly used for tasks such as finding areas under a curve or calculating the average value of a function.

How do I integrate in Matlab?

To integrate in Matlab, you can use the built-in function "integrate" or "quad." These functions take in the function to be integrated, the limits of integration, and any necessary parameters as inputs and return the result of the integration.

Can I integrate multiple functions in Matlab?

Yes, Matlab allows you to integrate multiple functions at once by using the "arrayfun" function. This function takes in the integration function and an array of inputs and returns an array of integration results.

Do I need to know calculus to integrate in Matlab?

While having a basic understanding of calculus can be helpful, it is not necessary to know calculus to use the integration functions in Matlab. You can simply input the function and limits of integration and Matlab will handle the calculations for you.