Solving Complex Homework Equations

In summary, when approaching solving complex homework equations, it is helpful to break down the problem into smaller parts and use the appropriate formulas or equations. If you get stuck, review the given information and seek assistance from classmates or online resources. When choosing a formula, carefully read the problem and consult with your instructor if needed. It is important to show all of your work when solving complex equations for feedback and understanding. To check for accuracy, you can plug in your solution, use estimation, or compare with provided solutions or your instructor.
hayowazzup

Homework Statement

1 = 121 sinθ *cosθ + 592.9 (cos²θ)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

1= 60.5 * 2 *sin θ *cosθ + 592.9 (cos²θ)
1= 60.5 sin 2θ + 592.9 (cos²θ)
1-60.5 sin 2θ / cos θ cos θ= 592.9

am i doing it rite? i don't know what to do

Physics news on Phys.org
Use [tex] sin^2 + cos^2 =1 [/tex]

but i don't know how to get rid of sin θ *cosθ

You wrote sin(theta)*cos(theta) in terms of sin(2*theta). Write cos(theta)^2 in terms of cos(2*theta).

Related to Solving Complex Homework Equations

1. How can I approach solving complex homework equations?

Solving complex homework equations can be overwhelming, but it is important to break down the problem into smaller, manageable parts. Start by identifying the given information and what is being asked. Then, use the appropriate formulas or equations to solve for the unknown variable. It can also be helpful to work through the problem step by step and check your work along the way.

2. What should I do if I get stuck on a complex equation?

If you find yourself stuck on a complex equation, take a step back and review the given information and the steps you have taken so far. It may also be helpful to consult with classmates or your instructor for assistance. Additionally, there are many online resources and tutorials available to help with solving complex equations.

3. How do I know which formula to use for a complex equation?

Choosing the right formula for a complex equation can be challenging. It is important to carefully read the problem and identify the known and unknown variables. Then, refer to your class notes or textbook to determine the appropriate formula or equation to use. If you are still unsure, consult with your instructor for clarification.

4. Is it important to show all of my work when solving complex equations?

Yes, showing your work is a crucial part of solving complex equations. Not only does it allow your instructor to see your thought process and provide feedback, but it also helps you to catch and correct any mistakes you may have made along the way. Additionally, showing your work is important for understanding and retaining the concepts being taught.

5. How can I check if my answer to a complex equation is correct?

There are a few ways to check if your answer to a complex equation is correct. First, you can plug your solution back into the original equation to see if it satisfies the equation. Another method is to use estimation or rounding to see if your answer is in the ballpark of the expected solution. Additionally, you can compare your answer to the solutions provided in the back of the textbook or ask your instructor for confirmation.